67 442 NOT-build Thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
:drool: simply gorgeous!

one of my all time favorite cars! only thing that would make it even more drool-worthy would be a drop-top !

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
The first thing that HAS to go is the junk Holley carb that is on it. That thing pissed me off bad enough just getting the ole girl off the delivery truck and into the garage. So, this beauty arrived today [Saturday delivery even]. Obviously, with electric choke, it is NOT a numbers match but it is an 800cfm set up by National for my big block [we'll see how accurate that is] and the electric choke is just a personal preference. In the meantime, I will keep my eyes out for a 7027157 for a reasonable price. I bid on a NOS still in its box on Ebay that was only at $75 when I put in my bid max'd out at $150 as I assumed despite NOS it was still going to need a refresh when I got it. But, as usual, some guy stole it with 4 minutes to go for $167.50. Did I mention . . . I hate Ebay?

View attachment 83880
Will the fuel inlet lineup with your fuel line?

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Yup, I can make the gas line and linkage work fine. Right now I am trying to figure out what the "electric throttle switch module" is that is the pivot point for the throttle linkage right at the firewall? I was fortunate to get [most] all the build information and an actual original factory service manual but the entire manual merely points to this thing in one diagram and calls it an "electric throttle switch module". There are NO wires going to it so it obviously serves no actual [functional] purpose any more and the linkage is quite binding. So, looking to simplify and free up the linkage as I swap carbs.

Anyone know what this would have been for originally? FSM is literally NO help at all.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Found it . . . apparently the car came with an "electric" kick down module for the transmission that is no longer hooked up. Apparently worked fairly good so not so fast to just punt this, me thinks
notsure.gif

Looks like all the parts to make it work properly are a couple hundred bucks so someone probably just said F-it . . . hooked it up old school.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I assume a TH400 in there? You need that kick down working, supposedly can eventually burn direct clutches, I believe with it unhooked.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Yup, got it covered. New, old, car . . . learning curve. Wonder what else isn't hooked up? :unsure:

Funny thing, I put a kitted T400 in my old Chevy [high school like 1975] and it would downshift from MV loss [WOT] but the shift was always anemic compared to how it left black marks grabbing upshift gears under WOT. I had one of those ridiculous Hurst auto-shifters in it and would always just go manual mode when I was trying to go fast. Now I know why . . .

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Sounds like I should buy stock in Fusick.

Except for they have NEVER had or were out of anything I ever wanted or was looking for . . .

Other than the dead battery, mismatched tires, and the Holley carb that I knew were going "buy-buy-buy" when I bought it, this is the only surprise I know of so far. I'm still fairly confident this is indeed "a driver"!

fingerscrossed.gif

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
I stand corrected Bruce.

Fusick had a set of SS1 center caps and 60 degree conical nuts for reasonable. Should be here next week. Since where I bought the wheels asked what car they were going on and stud size I assumed they were coming with the wheels . . . NOT! But I did finally get the 17x8 SS1s today. Yeah, I think they are going to look pretty good . . .

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Your words to photos ratio is starting to suffer.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor