67 442 NOT-build Thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Before you mount the 17s, you should polish the lip; it'll make them look more "correct". The original Olds SS1 spoke section isn't really chrome. It's more of a shotpeen type finish, just the outer lip is chrome.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Your words to photos ratio is starting to suffer.

Good god, I didn’t even know you were counting . . . I will endeavor to do better. :doh:

Reactions: 1 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Well, the wheels are on . . . that only took a month. I wish I could have backed it out to take a proper picture in the sun but I have that junk Holley unhooked doing the QJ swap and am waiting on a replacement for the kick down switch for the T400. Switch does not work [never closes] and causes a tremendous amount of drag a little past 1/4 throttle you feel badly through the gas pedal.

IMG_1159.jpg

I just laid out the new exhaust system here to make sure all the pieces are there for the trip to OKC to do the blast and coat. Of course, these systems are somewhat generic so I will be taking about 18" of the pipe behind the mufflers and putting that in front in between the mufflers and the cats. And, adding cats to a 67 might seem strange and unnecessary [both true] but when the QJ is on I'm no longer going to be dumping gas out the exhaust ports like these old Holleys do so why not take an extra step and have the exhaust as clean as possible?

IMG_1162.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
wheels look great, even if they're not out in the sun! still love that car!
like your idea on the cats, we can be responsible about polluting the air while we drive like hooligans! the cats should work fine, as long as the carb stays happy. glad to see you're getting rid of the holley in favor of the QJ. I've had way too many issues with the Holleys and trust them almost as far as I can throw them.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I like the idea of the cats too if you have the room.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I too have considered cats for my 70S, I would run the Qjet in ultra lean mode, except at the track. Do the new cats quiet the exhaust at all? What mufflers?

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
These are the only mufflers I run. Magnaflow and these are 5x11x22s. Cats won’t affect the sound. I am running the exact same setup on my 87. Mellow rumble at idle and you definitely know there is something going on under the hood. Will almost go quiet from 1800-2200 cruise range on my 87 which I actually like. Sad to admit, since I’ve had it, I still don’t know where the cruise range is going to be on the 67? With the junk tires and carb and throttle linkage problems I haven’t gone far yet. Hope to change that shortly. (y)

And with this exhaust, when you put your foot in it? :love:

You know, I say this ain’t a build thread? After I get the QJ on and my replacement kickdown switch on and working, next will be putting on the Eibach Pros and Bilstein AKs I decided not to use on my 87 since the 67’s springs and shocks are toast and . . . and . . . and . . . Possibilities are endless.

:popcorn:

Come to think of it, I have a Crower cam I bought for the 87 big block and elected not use in lieu of the step or 2 larger Engle JM 20-22. The stock cam in this modern bank angle 425 may be coming out eventually. It is just going to get driven for a while though. Maybe a project for next winter? That cam should wake my 67 cruiser car up nicely.

Oldsmobile Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft
Part Number: 56262
Be the first to review this product

Oldsmobile - 260, 307 (5.0L,) 350 (5.7L), 400, 403, 425 & 455 (39° bank angle)
Performance level 2-3 - Power Compu-Pro - These cams provide excellent low end and mid-range power and extended rpm range for spirited street and offroad driving. A perfect combination of mileage and power. Modifications should include small diameter tube headers, low restriction dual exhaust, aftermarket manifold, increased cfm carburetor and reworked or performance ignition. Increase in compression ratio to 9.5:1 is recommended for maximum output. Works well with automatic transmission or 4-speed.

INT/EXH - Dur @ .050” Lift: 215°/221° RR:1.6/1.6 Gross Lift: .488”/.494” LSA: 112° RPM:

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
wheels look great, even if they're not out in the sun! still love that car!
like your idea on the cats, we can be responsible about polluting the air while we drive like hooligans! the cats should work fine, as long as the carb stays happy. glad to see you're getting rid of the holley in favor of the QJ. I've had way too many issues with the Holleys and trust them almost as far as I can throw them.
I had a 600 holley on my old thunderbird, I had it rebuilt by a guy who has 2000hp racecars my dad works with. Thing started and ran like fuel injection. I mean, seriously. No pumps, just a blip of the key and whurrrrrrrrrrrr. Big block ford rumble. I guess it's like qjets in a way, some people know em inside and out, others dont.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
The wheels look nice!
Call Bill Travato for anything performance related- he wrote the book, literally. http://btrperformance.com/

No seriously, Bruce, this is NOT a build thread . . .

Maybe I should have just said, this is "my old cruiser going for ice cream car" thread. I mean I obviously don't have near enough cam in my post above if this is going to turn into my go fast car. But, 245/45 Michelin Pilot Sports on all 4 corners, fix the exhaust, get that big block purring, and lower it about an inch with the Eibachs and Bilsteins hopefully looking better but mainly so you don't get sea sick floating . . .
up and down
sick.gif
and up and down :sick: and up and down :puke:and up and down
sorry.gif

And then just drive it . . .

But thanks for the referral . . . you know . . . just in case I need to look something up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor