7.5 Ring and Pinion Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I know you pulled your hair out struggling with this. So just to rub it in listen to a weird one. I was changing out the 7.5 non-posi carrier for a GM 7.5 guv lock part time posi in my old Malibu wagon.The 3:23 gears and bearings were staying the same and I was not even touching the pinion at all. I was prepared to re-shim the carrier from scratch since that is the normal drill. As I eyeballed it, I noticed something strange about the fit. I took the cast factory shims and merely reversed them from side to side. It looked good. I checked the backlash, pre-load, and contact pattern and they were all perfect. HOLY COW! That NEVER happens. So know that every time you touch the rear gears it is a different experience. Some are easy, some difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor