7 Pin Headlight Switch Connector?

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
So I just ordered this from Advance:

And I'm concerned because I only see 5 wires, not counting the fact that the orange is split 2 ways. I counted 7 wires on the car which I was able to identify on the Malibu racing site's schematics as the following:

Red - constant 12V
Orange - taillamps power in
Brown - taillamps power out
Yellow - headlamps power out
Green - instrument lamps
White - courtesy lights
Black - ground

According to the pic, that plug is missing white and black. Have you guys ever encountered this before? No matter where I look for a plug they all seem to have only the 5 wires.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It's just a cheap out to cover more applications just because the use the same connector but everything in my diagrams that use this connector has the seven wires in the same cavities. The OE p/n 12004628 just for the connector. I'd say repin from the old but I'm guessing it was cut.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
It's just a cheap out to cover more applications just because the use the same connector but everything in my diagrams that use this connector has the seven wires in the same cavities. The OE p/n 12004628 just for the connector. I'd say repin from the old but I'm guessing it was cut.

More than cut, the connector body was gone. I honestly don't remember what I did for the extra wires as the older spade terminals didn't want to slide into the new connector housing.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I got my headlight switch mount panel thingy in the mail.

PXL_20231227_212133030.jpg

Now to get a switch with a nut. I feel like most don't come with a nut. Are there any brands to avoid?

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor