Pin Gauge Set

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Anyone use them for carburetor orifice size checking for air/fuel metering calibration?

I recently bought the .011 to .060 set(Accusize) as well well as the .061 to .250 set(Shars)... these are the "Minus Class ZZ", meaning they are made with -.0002 calibration. If you use a digital caliper to verify the size stated, it actually shows -.001 to -.002 and not the actual stated size of being .0002 under.

As an example, im using a crate engine version holley 670 street avenger now, the IFR is .026 with the pin gauge used labled from the set, but if i check the pin with my digital caliper, it actually shows .024 and the emulsion and antisyphon/kill bleed holes are .027 and so that makes them .025 if checking the pin with a dgital caliper, same goes for the main body I-AB and HS-AB.

Do i just leave well enough alone with how the pin guage is labled which seems to be on par with other calibrated sized holes as with other holley metering blocks or go with the actual size of the pin from what the digial caliper shows?

Attachments

• 11 to 60 pin gauge set.jpg
    11 to 60 pin gauge set.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 61 to 250 pin gauge set.jpg
    61 to 250 pin gauge set.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 54

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor