700r4 from jegs or 2004r

Status
Not open for further replies.

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
has anyone used a 700r4 from jegs? performance automatic or any of the others they sell? i burnt up my last th350, 3rd overall. they where all junk yard finds but i want to go overdrive and get something that will last. i have an lt1, not sure of the horse power but it should be 300 atleast. looking to get something without spending a fortune on it since im not working and in college. should i order out of jegs or just store the car and wait for the funds to get a 2004r from extreme automatics or bowtie overdrives?
P10108541.jpg

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
If your going for cost effective, I'd say 200-4R. Only because they were originally equipped in g-bodies. Easier install. I do highly recommend 700's but more of a pain to install.

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
it doesnt have to be cost effective if i wait on it. just looking for someone thats used one of the 700r4's from the choices jegs has to offer and know that it will be good to go. dont want to go ahead and buy one and have to rebuild it in a few months if its not what they say. i was looking at this but i cant find much info about the maker
http://www.jegs.com/i/Performance-Autom ... tId=818283

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009

montecarlo-ts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2010
yeah i checked out their site but i couldnt find reviews on them. id buy from bowtieoverdrives but the only thing that concerns me is reviews ive found saying they dont back their warrenty if you dont jump through hoops for them on the install. i dont know alot about transmissions and the guy i know to go to moved to costa rica so now im looking to buy reliability. around 300 hp now but im going for 400 - 450 hp later hopefully with the trans i buy now. ill probably go with bowtie overdrives if thats the best choice for a 700r4

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Well I had no problems with any parts from PATC and they build the popular "raptor" transmissions. I would recommend the PATC company but check out reviews, only you will be able to decide on which one you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor