72 Oldsmobile Cutlass distributor help as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

350goldghost1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
Will a 1977 Oldsmobile 350 distributor fit in a 1972 Oldsmobile 350 need help as soon as possible thank you for your help

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Will a 1977 Oldsmobile 350 distributor fit in a 1972 Oldsmobile 350 need help as soon as possible thank you for your help
Yes.
Olds 350 physical dimensions did not change during their production run. That means both distributors will interchange with each other.
I assume you're wanting to use the later model distributor to take advantage of the HEI over the conventional points style?

350goldghost1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
Yes.
Olds 350 physical dimensions did not change during their production run. That means both distributors will interchange with each other.
I assume you're wanting to use the later model distributor to take advantage of the HEI over the conventional points style?
Yes I wanted to order a distributor and the only one that they had was for a 77 to a 79 they told me it would probably fit but I figure I hop on the form where I can find out real information lol

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yes, it will 110% fit. Just make sure it's for an OLDSMOBILE 5.7 , not a chevy and you're good to go.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
side note, the factory 72 air cleaner assembly will not fit with an her dist. to make room for the dist. they offset the air cleaner towards the t-stat housing.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor