1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

78-80 Cutlass hood weight

Discussion in 'Oldsmobile Cutlass / 442 / Hurst/Olds' started by Rktpwrd, Jan 5, 2017.

1. pontiacgp

pontiacgp Rocket Powered Basset Hound

how did it fly off, the ones I have seen open when driving ended up bending backwards on the hinges and covering the windshield....I don't blame you almost sh!ting yourself....

2. L67ss

L67ss G-Body Guru

After I wrecked it a friend sold me a hood off an 83 for $20. By the time I got the old hood off I felt lazy thinking if I kept it under 45 I could just use the latch to hold it on and bolt it on later. Well got to rocking out to Metallica and not realizing I started speeding up. Right around 70-75 I went from looking at a white hood to looking at a chrome breather. Neither the car nor the hood was damaged it just scared the crap out of me. When I set the hood back on I kept it under 30 the rest of the way lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. axisg

axisg Royal Smart Person

meh if it helps I can weigh my stock 81-88 monte hood. I have 2 spares here at work

4. L67ss

L67ss G-Body Guru

As I may be picking up an 86 Monte that could be handy

5. axisg

axisg Royal Smart Person

Weighed both Monte Hoods for giggles
    81 hood, bare, with latch - 56.4 lbs
    86 hood, SS if that matters with latch, insulation and undercoating - 57.85 lbs

I would have thought the insulation and all the undercoating weighed a little more

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1