78-80 Monte Picture Thread

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
Nice car, good to see another 3rd gen.

I'm interested in what all you've done to it.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Ive been slacking with some pics. so here is my 79 Monte, finally got a new hood for it

4dfb97a3.jpg

8a2fbe58.jpg

my view

10d3429d.jpg

The motor

23af021d.jpg

the seats

1472fcc6.jpg

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
dquicks78mc said:
very nice cars here is mine its a 78 landau with t tops these must be somewhat of rarity i only seen one other on this thread i really like the black one with green flames from texas thats nice and clean tastefully done

Wow that's an awesome color, dark purples, reds and browns always seem to look good on these cars.

dquicks78mc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 1, 2012
ty for the kind words so far i have shaved door handles all new interior from dixie monte carlo 18x8 boss wheels motor is 355 with scat crank and eagle rods je pistons its mostly stock so i can enjoy it with gas prices all new springs 1" drop hotchkis on front to keep front end down a little i have a 283 posi going in it keeping stock gears for highway usage i like to drive lol especially with tops off

84cutty24

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2011
PHOENIX ARIZONA
IF YOU DNT MIND ME ASKING WHERE DID YOU BUY THAT COWL HOOD FROM AND HOW MANY INCHES IS IT? BEEN LOOKING AROUND BUT ALL I COULD FIND IS 2" HOODS AND I DNT THINK 2" LOOKS GOOD AT ALL?
GhettoRacingKid said:
Ive been slacking with some pics. so here is my 79 Monte, finally got a new hood for it

4dfb97a3.jpg

8a2fbe58.jpg

my view

10d3429d.jpg

The motor

23af021d.jpg

the seats

1472fcc6.jpg

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
84cutty24 said:
IF YOU DNT MIND ME ASKING WHERE DID YOU BUY THAT COWL HOOD FROM AND HOW MANY INCHES IS IT? BEEN LOOKING AROUND BUT ALL I COULD FIND IS 2" HOODS AND I DNT THINK 2" LOOKS GOOD AT ALL

That my friend is a hood from VFN. took almost 8 weeks to get it. They didnt have any in stock and had to make it. cost me $500 for the hood and $260 for the shipping to a business address in NY.

It fits really good and no real issues.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
dquicks78mc said:
ty for the kind words so far i have shaved door handles all new interior from dixie monte carlo 18x8 boss wheels motor is 355 with scat crank and eagle rods je pistons its mostly stock so i can enjoy it with gas prices all new springs 1" drop hotchkis on front to keep front end down a little i have a 283 posi going in it keeping stock gears for highway usage i like to drive lol especially with tops off

Amen to the highway cruiser, I'm planning many long road trips for mine, however i'll be running a 3:42 ratio. I'm told with a 4 speed transmission it should be the perfect balance. I see your interior all gutted in those pics, whats the plan and time frame? It'll be sleek when finished. TonySS on this site has a T-top as well, I think he painted the lips on the roof glass, looks like a hardtop from a distance, something to consider with a dark themed car like yours. Can't get over that color, so badass!

BlkMamba78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2012
Anyone know where i could find a set of 78-79 monte signal light lens preferably the driver side

dquicks78mc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 1, 2012
Amen to the highway cruiser, I'm planning many long road trips for mine, however i'll be running a 3:42 ratio. I'm told with a 4 speed transmission it should be the perfect balance. I see your interior all gutted in those pics, whats the plan and time frame? It'll be sleek when finished. TonySS on this site has a T-top as well, I think he painted the lips on the roof glass, looks like a hardtop from a distance, something to consider with a dark themed car like yours. Can't get over that color, so badass![/quote]

i plan on painting the tops black as well i have all new interior ill get some pics of it soon on here not 100% complete looking for a console to put in it without paying a fortune for it when i complete ill post

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor