78-80 Monte Picture Thread

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Theoffice said:
Sorry fellas, the back frame is gone. Its no good. swapping the landau leather buckets into the t-top black one.

As long as you end up with one good one. A clean custom/resto is worth a couple rotting away, makes em rarer. I hacked up two 80's for my 79 project ( one of the 80's was a factory turbo t-top, though without original drivetrain, still kickin myself )

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
Tony_SS said:
Theoffice said:
Sorry fellas, the back frame is gone. Its no good. swapping the landau leather buckets into the t-top black one.
they make rear frame rail replacements... swap the parts you want then sell it off as a project. :)
Tony is right, that car looks way too clean to part out and junk.

BlkMamba78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2012
HEY FELLAS, AWSOME THREAD, NICE TO SEE A WHOLE LOT OF MONTE ENTHUSIAST... HERE MY RIDE 78 LANDAU "BLKMAMBA" AKA TRAINING DAY.. V8 305 ON AIR RIDE

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,078
  • IMG_0861.JPG
    IMG_0861.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,080
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 2,073
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 2,064

BlkMamba78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2012
GhettoRacingKid said:
thats nice and clean. good job.
THANKS DUDE.. QUICK QUESTION, HOW CAN I GO ABOUT FINDING A HI AMP ALTERNATOR COMPATIBLE WITH MY ENGINE (V8 305 CRATE) ... ANYONE FEEL FREE TO REPLY TO THE QUESTION.. THANKS

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
BlkMamba78 said:
GhettoRacingKid said:
THANKS DUDE.. QUICK QUESTION, HOW CAN I GO ABOUT FINDING A HI AMP ALTERNATOR COMPATIBLE WITH MY ENGINE (V8 305 CRATE) ... ANYONE FEEL FREE TO REPLY TO THE QUESTION.. THANKS

How many amps are you looking for? Im running a 140amp powermaster right now. I got a few electronics. I dont know if an MSD, electric water pump, electric fuel pump, dual electric fans take up as much juice as your system. but you should be good.

A higher amp alt mounts out perfectly in that stock location. I use a single wire set up.

check out summit or jegs.

BlkMamba78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2012
GhettoRacingKid said:
BlkMamba78 said:
GhettoRacingKid said:

How many amps are you looking for? Im running a 140amp powermaster right now. I got a few electronics. I dont know if an MSD, electric water pump, electric fuel pump, dual electric fans take up as much juice as your system. but you should be good.

A higher amp alt mounts out perfectly in that stock location. I use a single wire set up.

check out summit or jegs.

First thing, thanks for the input, you've been a big help.. As far as the electroniccs I'm running, well I have the air ride system running 4 compressors and as for my music 2 jl amps 2 JL subs 2 sets of component JL speakers and I have an extra batter in the trunk and a capasatator if this info helps any... But thanks again dude I appreciate it

dquicks78mc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 1, 2012
very nice cars here is mine its a 78 landau with t tops these must be somewhat of rarity i only seen one other on this thread i really like the black one with green flames from texas thats nice and clean tastefully done

Attachments

• DSCN1183.JPG
    DSCN1183.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,601
  • DSCN0519.JPG
    DSCN0519.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,610
  • DSCN0520.JPG
    DSCN0520.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,610
  • DSCN0522.JPG
    DSCN0522.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,621
  • IM000511.JPG
    IM000511.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,598

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor