78 cutlass W-31 build

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Love the build! I guess I'm partial having a 78 with a 455 and 5 speed. Great to see you got daughter involved as well . Best of luck

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Love the build! I guess I'm partial having a 78 with a 455 and 5 speed. Great to see you got daughter involved as well . Best of luck
My 87 has a 455 and M-21 Lauren painted the motor lol I think I called that post 87 442 the way they should have been

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
Ok I started this build a while back so first give you the back story and catch you up. It 2 years ago when my friend Jose called me and asked if I wanted a cutlass he saved from a scrap man! All ready having the 79 H/O I now gave my daughter and my 87 cutlass I figured at best it would be a parts car. But when I got to his place I immediately thought wow my mom would love this car (mom ran a 63 327 Impala with a glide and 3:73 when I was a kid) she all ways had cutlass daily drivers so I thought it would make a great cancer remission present for her so I made a deal and brought it home. The scrap man had busted the steering column and trunk lock on the 20 k car that had been sitting in a garage since 1986 so I bought a parts car and started building it unfortunately mom's cancer came back and she lost that fight. She never got to drive it but she loved it and cried when I showed it to her. Upon her passing I was going to sell it. But then again.I had all the parts so here we go
You gave your daughter a car? how old is she

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
You gave your daughter a car? how old is she
She was 7 now she's 10 it's on here look at show your 78-80 Oldsmobile or 442 I think that's the post or look at 87 442 the way they should have been she's painting a big block in that one or look at my profile picture

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
She was 7 now she's 10 it's on here look at show your 78-80 Oldsmobile or 442 I think that's the post or look at 87 442 the way they should have been she's painting a big block in that one or look at my profile picture
dang when i was 10 i new NOTHING about cars, i didnt even know how gas makes an engine work

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
dang when i was 10 i new NOTHING about cars, i didnt even know how gas makes an engine work
My cousin got a gutted parts car 72 Chevelle when we were 8 by the time we were 10 my uncle had to take the keys because it was all bolted back together with a350 in it and close to paint and we got caught driving it lol my mother took me street racing in Asbury Park when I was little it's a family thing

Reactions: 1 users

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
My cousin got a gutted parts car 72 Chevelle when we were 8 by the time we were 10 my uncle had to take the keys because it was all bolted back together with a350 in it and close to paint and we got caught driving it lol my mother took me street racing in Asbury Park when I was little it's a family thing
ahahaha it seems like the car culture stopped with my generation, one of my great grandpas was really into cars, idk if he worked on them but my other grandpa (i never met him because he died of asbestos) was a mechanic for police, and my dad says stories about how he would take the cars that he was working on for a spin, and apparently he at one point owned a grand national, my dads first car was a chevy malibu gbody, and my other grandpa bought a sh*t load of cars and raced them. when i was little my dad NEVER did anything with cars, but now that im interested he is doing everything he can to stop me from getting my dream car or building my dream car.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
ahahaha it seems like the car culture stopped with my generation, one of my great grandpas was really into cars, idk if he worked on them but my other grandpa (i never met him because he died of asbestos) was a mechanic for police, and my dad says stories about how he would take the cars that he was working on for a spin, and apparently he at one point owned a grand national, my dads first car was a chevy malibu gbody, and my other grandpa bought a sh*t load of cars and raced them. when i was little my dad NEVER did anything with cars, but now that im interested he is doing everything he can to stop me from getting my dream car or building my dream car.
Lol make a note of that and read it in 20 years you'll get it then

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor