78 cutlass W-31 build

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Good job on porting, it should make a difference. Even a slightly larger custom crossover pipe would help, if you want it completely stock looking.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok I started this build a while back so first give you the back story and catch you up. It 2 years ago when my friend Jose called me and asked if I wanted a cutlass he saved from a scrap man! All ready having the 79 H/O I now gave my daughter and my 87 cutlass I figured at best it would be a parts car. But when I got to his place I immediately thought wow my mom would love this car (mom ran a 63 327 Impala with a glide and 3:73 when I was a kid) she all ways had cutlass daily drivers so I thought it would make a great cancer remission present for her so I made a deal and brought it home. The scrap man had busted the steering column and trunk lock on the 20 k car that had been sitting in a garage since 1986 so I bought a parts car and started building it unfortunately mom's cancer came back and she lost that fight. She never got to drive it but she loved it and cried when I showed it to her. Upon her passing I was going to sell it. But then again.I had all the parts so here we go
So after some news from my stepfather I decided to put a deadline on this build. July 20 weekend we are spreading Mom's ashes and I want to drive the family in this Cutlass her Cutlass

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
ahahaha it seems like the car culture stopped with my generation, one of my great grandpas was really into cars, idk if he worked on them but my other grandpa (i never met him because he died of asbestos) was a mechanic for police, and my dad says stories about how he would take the cars that he was working on for a spin, and apparently he at one point owned a grand national, my dads first car was a chevy malibu gbody, and my other grandpa bought a sh*t load of cars and raced them. when i was little my dad NEVER did anything with cars, but now that im interested he is doing everything he can to stop me from getting my dream car or building my dream car.
Oh, the car culture is alive and well, it's just not as common place as it used to be. More and more people are leaning towards computers and tech and what not to drive the world forward. Just like with highschools tossing out vocational classes like a sack of yesterdays turds for nothing but computer classes. It's just the way humanity is moving. It sucks, but we gotta keep it going as long as we can, be it a riced out civic or an 840hp Dodge you can get a 100,000 mile warranty on.

• Agree

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Nice progress on your build Clutch, i look forward to seeing the progress! Thanks!

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
Oh, the car culture is alive and well, it's just not as common place as it used to be. More and more people are leaning towards computers and tech and what not to drive the world forward. Just like with highschools tossing out vocational classes like a sack of yesterdays turds for nothing but computer classes. It's just the way humanity is moving. It sucks, but we gotta keep it going as long as we can, be it a riced out civic or an 840hp Dodge you can get a 100,000 mile warranty on.
One day I bet cars you can control won't be allowed on public roads

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
The thing I see about the young people getting into cars, they are really into drifting, drifting popped up out of no where and now a lot of kids including me want to build a drift car

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
The thing I see about the young people getting into cars, they are really into drifting, drifting popped up out of no where and now a lot of kids including me want to build a drift car
I drifted all the time when I was young but it wasn't a sport then people called it crazy the police called it reckless driving! I still do it in my Duramax lol

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor