78 cutlass W-31 build

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Update! I was cleaning the garage trying to gain some organization when it dawned on me that I never picked up the carberetor from custom. I gave Phil a call and he thought it was funny that life got in the wat and he's shipping it to me Monday. I also talked to my cousin in PA and he got the transmissions to my buddy Jim now all I have to do is get there with a trailer throw it together and bring it home!!!!!! I made a plan for that to. The next restoration my cousin is doing is my buddy Pat's 87 square body and it needs to get there on my trailer. Well if the trailer is going up it's coming back full! Just need to con my brother into towing it round trip with his 2500hd diesel

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
got to love it when a plan starts to come together!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I just got a text from my buddy Jim that has my pile of transmission!!! He said that the one I got as a core wasn't bad at all but it needed the elusive 271 pump gears and his guy found an NOS set looks like I may actually get to drive it this summer!

• Optimistic
Reactions: 9 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Long time no update but most of you know why. Anyway whaooooo my carb finally came back today! I'm not even going to open the box until I get back to the car. I think if I still had the Duramax idI head there now lol oh well back to the other projects

Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Believe me guys I haven't forgotten about this build in fact last night I was texting back and forth with my buddy Jim he said the trans has been done for a while and he wants to know when I'm coming up to stab it in of course I have no idea and could not give him an answer. Then I asked him what I owe him for the build and parts shock set in when he said $250 or whatever let's get that thing ripping next time your up

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Hells yeah! Get that thing back on the road.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Believe me guys I haven't forgotten about this build in fact last night I was texting back and forth with my buddy Jim he said the trans has been done for a while and he wants to know when I'm coming up to stab it in of course I have no idea and could not give him an answer. Then I asked him what I owe him for the build and parts shock set in when he said $250 or whatever let's get that thing ripping next time your up
Hells yeah! Get that thing back on the road.
Yea the only thing stopping me is the square body it's not wired for trailer brakes and I don't trust driving it 160 miles

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Drive it home. New tyranny, new carb, no problem.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Drive it home. New tyranny, new carb, no problem.
Ummm you do remember it hasn't actually been driven sense it was wrecked in 1986 right? There are so many things that could be scetchy and I'm shore Lexi and Lauren will be with me so idk

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Oh, you, with your safety and parental responsibility.:roll:

• Disagree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor