★ 78 El Camino ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Good stuff brother from another mother (Im currently working on a 78 caballero)!
Would have loved to do the vortech head swap when I had my engine out... perhaps in a few seasons.. Im still amazed at just how much cleaning and painting the engine alone makes the whole engine bay look better!
Keep up the great work!

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Sadly after all my hard work last summer my cam lobe wore out and a rod started knocking. Actually kind of happy about it because I was disappointed in the results after putting engine and trans back in, nowhere near what I was expecting but it was a 305, you live and you learn. I have pulled the 350/700r4 out of the Cutlass to drop in the elco and will be adding 906 vortec heads to it and a few upgrades to the 700r4. After I get them in I will also be exchanging rear ends going from 2.41 to 3.73. Hopefully things will turn out better this time, wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor