'78 Grand Prix LSx swap + build thread + roof carnage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah same user name on Performance trucks too. I use as many sites as possible to get access to all the info and classifieds. Corvette, Fbody, v8Buick, etc etc. I think I'm going to start up a LSx swap thread on here so folks can put various part #s and stuff together in one spot.

khan0165 said:
any chance you'd like to see that shifter knob?
I'm not sure whether I'll use it or not. I might weld the whole shaft onto my B&M and use the button for an anti-theft device. I'll let you know if I decide to sell it off

i drilled mine out, pressed in a thick bushing, tapped the bushing for 1/2 - 20 thread, and glued the button in. And used it on my QuickSilver

Yeah I remember reading that. I honestly doubt I could pull it off, but I wanted to still be able to use the push button when I'm done. That's why I was thinking about cutting off the B&M shaft and welding the Pontiac one on.

I'm confused... how would that work?
the QuickSilver isn't button actuated tho. It works by lifting the whole shaft.
so how would this work with the button on the pontiac shifter?

No, use the button for something else, like an electrical switch for an anti-theft device or something (something that takes incredible amounts of time and accomplishes absolutely nothing)

oh, I see... good idea. Perhaps a linelock?
lol @ "takes alot of time and accomplishes nothing"

(EDIT🙂Never mind the next set of photos. Unless you want to see a fantastic waste of time

004-1.jpg

A basic mounting bracket made from 3/4" tubing and a steel spacer and nut
018.jpg

A tab I made up from some scrap, to support the end of the tensioner on the power steering bracket (or what's left of it)
019.jpg

020.jpg

Oh yeah, here's the alt bracket. I drilled out one of the 6mm holes to 8mm and just ran a bolt and nut thru it.
It's solid as a rock
021.jpg

^^ NEVER MIND ALL THAT! i can't get enough tension on the belt with that configuration! :!:

Anybody got a s-10 manual steering box?

OK so I got a s-10 manual steering box off Carpart, went and bought my gold pickup back from the guy I sold it to, took some time off from the garage, and spent a while monkeying with volumetric efficiency tuning on the truck. Truck seems to be fine now, though it's awfully rich at WOT. I'll get back to the Poncho this weekend if Mother's Day doesn't take it all up.

Next:
Torque converter, flywheel and starter
relays and fuel pump wiring
fab MSD box mount
make bracket for fuel regulator and throttle/tv cables
fans, fan switch and relay
modify coil brackets
figure out PCV and fuel tank vent
Exhaust
Floor shifter
Lockup controller
Air/fuel gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor