'78 Grand Prix LSx swap + build thread + roof carnage

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesch_1999

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2010
Nice GP I love the 78 because of the head light config, glad to see your bringing it to life, great job!

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
OK so just in case anyone is wondering, the car sits under a pile of boxes of speed parts. I quit smoking over Memorial Day weekend, got a membership to Southern Hills golf course, and I've been spending much of my free time walking the hills chasing a little white ball to keep my mind off of it, and maybe get some good lung function back.

After 22 years of smoking, and considering I'll be 40 in August :shock: it was an extremely important step to make. The Poncho is being very patient and knows I'll be back in the work shop soon. I've been checking out the G's at the shows and cruise-ins and it's giving me some fire to start up again :mrgreen:

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
Car craft is about a month away..................Get r done! Just registered this week. My car will be in the same shape as last year. Differences will be the 4 spd and primer on the doors and hood. Some things just do go as fast as we envision in our minds!

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
Yet another "Stuff I bought doesn't fit right" issue. If you have the TCI flywheel, shave the tops of the torque converter bolts off or they'll (just barely) hit the bolts on the rear cover of the engine.

Unless I installed something incorrectly.. I don't know how that would be possible.

Oh yeah, and I found out the TCI doesn't work with 99-2000 engines I guess

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Glad to hear your still plugging away at it.. The issues keep coming up for me as well on my LS swap :roll: Congrats on quiting smoking i quit 2 years ago to be exact... 8) Look forward to any progress you have.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
85GPLef41 said:
Glad to hear your still plugging away at it.. The issues keep coming up for me as well on my LS swap :roll: Congrats on quiting smoking i quit 2 years ago to be exact... 8) Look forward to any progress you have.

Another congrats on giving up smoking. I quit 3 years ago because the real eye opener is when smoking caused my dad to be hospitalized with ulcerated arteries.

I smoked for 15 years and I'll be 38 this year. I got back in the gym and feel like I'm in my 20's again....the women dig it too! Stick with it man, you'll be glad you did it.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
I may be selling the GP and all associated parts and supplies. I'm buying a barber shop that's 220 miles away and I'm in a pickle.

Gimme a call 612-578-7664

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor