79 corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the hard part of the project will be cleaning and organizing and hiding the wiring in the engine bay. the electrical is easy but the hiding part will be hard i think.

engines all assembled and ready to go in except for the water pump that is on its way.

So ive been busy. I cleaned the engine bay and painted it. I went through all the wiring in the engine bay and replaced every vacuum line. I painted the motor and finished assembly. Then i put it back in and should be starting it tomorow after fluids and a few loose ends.

well here's a finished picture of the engine bay. I have a few loose ends to tie up still. I didn't notice the heater core was looking before and I still have to finish hiding the wiring behind the motor. I still have a couple of other things to do on the car. I have an L82 speedo for it and some little stuff and i have to fix the drivers door handle that for some reason doesn't work now.

love the picture my new phone can take haha.

oh yeah allready did a burn out hahahaha taking new tires into work to put on today.

looks great.....but if that is a glass gas filter I see please toss it, they have been the cause of a few fires....

nope thats aluminum I don't use glass if I have to ill use a plastic one for a little while.

it was hard to tell in the picture but I wasn't sure so I thought I'd mention it, I almost lost a car with one of the glass ones

well i finished up tuning her at work tonight with the scope. I love using that thing! engine bay is all done I got the hood fitted back on better than before even. Now i have the correct steering wheel to put in, A US cluster to put in thats for an L82 and a clip on its way for the drivers outside door handle that is some how missing. The PO couldn't figure out why it never worked.... doesn't surprise me he was an idiot. I ripped out the aftermarket alarm that didn't work and still need to fix all the wiring under the dash.

It never ends but she can definitely rip now. im going to the dyno this weekend hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor