79 Cutlass Calais heating issue

Domo50

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 26, 2011
I’ve been working on getting my heater going on my 79 for a good while now and I got just about everything going but the high speed on the blower motor the red power line from the battery directly to the blower motor was cut by the previous owner so I got that fixed and replaced the high speed relay already ive also replaced the switch on the ac/heater control panel and I’m trying to figure out what this fuse is called it goes from the brown line on the back of the control panel. Thanks everyone

Attachments

• IMG_2942.jpeg
    IMG_2942.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 30

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
That is a thermal switch that is used for the low setting only.

It turns the blower motor on low even when the HVAC is off above a certain temperature.

Reactions: 1 users

Domo50

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 26, 2011
That is a thermal switch that is used for the low setting only.

It turns the blower motor on low even when the HVAC is off above a certain temperature.
Ahh okay appreciate your help brotha

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor