79 Cutlass Supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Very nice find! Im envious of your score on those buckets and matching rear seat too! Maybe Im not looking in the right places here in AZ but I never seem to find this stuff. Congrats on the clean pick up.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
I found a really nice front buckets and rear seat from an 84 hurst olds for my regal. I would rather have the monte/ regal style but they are hard to find in good shape around here. I need bucket seat tracks tracks.
full

full

I will keep the split bench in the cutlass
what style monte/regal? 78-80 high back or 81-88 lowback? I have both and would trade for those you have.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Just AMAZING !! GREAT SCORE!!! Congratulations!!! Its so nice to see another one saved!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Yeah. That seems like a great find for that price, mileage and condition. Good call on the new tank & sender. Cleaning out the fuel system seemed to make a noticeable difference in driveability and power in mine. Granted, still gutless, but an improvement.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Yeah. That seems like a great find for that price, mileage and condition. Good call on the new tank & sender. Cleaning out the fuel system seemed to make a noticeable difference in driveability and power in mine. Granted, still gutless, but an improvement.
Have you ever considered putting the 4.1 intake setup on your 231 3.8? In fact the primaries on the 4 barrel are smaller than on the 2 barrel, and in theory would pull better fuel mileage at cruising speeds, yet you would have the 4 barrel for on demand passing ect ect. It truly would wake that 231 up and you could keep basically everything bone stock under the hood, best of both worlds.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Have you ever considered putting the 4.1 intake setup on your 231 3.8? In fact the primaries on the 4 barrel are smaller than on the 2 barrel, and in theory would pull better fuel mileage at cruising speeds, yet you would have the 4 barrel for on demand passing ect ect. It truly would wake that 231 up and you could keep basically everything bone stock under the hood, best of both worlds.

Thought about it. But from what I've read, if you just slap the new manifold and carburetor on an otherwise stock 231, it increases the fuel consumption, but doesn't make a huge difference in power. For it to make a worthwhile difference, seems like you'd have to do a complete teardown and rebuild with higher-compression pistons, higher-flow heads, and a more aggressive cam. My end-game goal is an LS3 swap, so that's what I'm kind of saving for. Yes, it is pretty gutless now, but it'll cruise at 70 no problem, doesn't overheat (haven't taken it up any big inclines yet, TBH), and gets so-so (about 18 mpg) mileage. Next steps are putting the fender moulding on the right-front fender, and updating the sound system with a RetroSound headunit and new speakers.

Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Thought about it. But from what I've read, if you just slap the new manifold and carburetor on an otherwise stock 231, it increases the fuel consumption, but doesn't make a huge difference in power. For it to make a worthwhile difference, seems like you'd have to do a complete teardown and rebuild with higher-compression pistons, higher-flow heads, and a more aggressive cam. My end-game goal is an LS3 swap, so that's what I'm kind of saving for. Yes, it is pretty gutless now, but it'll cruise at 70 no problem, doesn't overheat (haven't taken it up any big inclines yet, TBH), and gets so-so (about 18 mpg) mileage. Next steps are putting the fender moulding on the right-front fender, and updating the sound system with a RetroSound headunit and new speakers.

Well, if you were to do the intake swap, AND an exhaust upgrade, you will see a noticeable difference for sure without breaking the bank and keeping everything stock looking.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
....But, then again, your famous now and can do whatever you want ;) lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor