79 Cutlass Supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
I bought the pypes kit second hand. It was new in the box but was kinda old. The guy i got it from was rebuilding a monte ss. He never finished the car and sold parts he had. I am not sure when he bought it but it was an old kit. The whole kit seemed to be too short. It definitely was not going to work as a clamp together kit like the hardware and directions suggested. We had to fully weld it. The tail pipe on passenger side needed some tweaking on the pipe bender to get it to fit.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
full

full

I was working on wiring up the gauges this weekend. I am going to modify a truck LS computer cover to hide the ecm and the plugs/ wires. I am waiting for my top mount ac bracketry to arrive so i can get the ac back together. It runs and drives awesome. Even with the high geared 7.5 it is really quick. Can't wait to get the 3.73 8.5 in there.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looks like it came that way from the factory! Great job!

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Looks like it came that way from the factory! Great job!
The radiator hold down we made with a bench vice and a dead blow hammer. It is wavy. My buddy has since received his wilwood metal break. We will be making a new hold down. Not that it really matters but i want it to look nicer than it does.

Reactions: 1 users

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
I worked on the Cutlass a little today. Took a video of it driving down the road as my buddy was driving it. It is cool to see it alive again. You can't really see in the video but i hacked those god awful tail pipes off. We are going to be redoing them to pop out behind the rear tire.
full

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
That van was coming for ya at the end there! Looks good man.

Is that the fuse box there above the OBD2 port? Wheres that from? Looks very clean.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
That van was coming for ya at the end there! Looks good man.

Is that the fuse box there above the OBD2 port? Wheres that from? Looks very clean.

That is the fan and fuel pump relay box. PRK automotive here in Mesa builds LS swap harnesses. That was an optional relay pack they offered. I mounted the obd2 port out there just to simplify things. I didn't feel like extending the wires to inside the car.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
This is how the pypes kit should come. This looks so much less hillbilly.

full

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor