79 Malibu wagon emergency brake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2022
Hey guys I’m hoping to get my wagon back up on a rack pretty soon and put the new gas tank in. The car has had a ford 9 inch in it for years but has sat in my dads garage and never moved. It’s a 4 speed so I need parking brake which isn’t hooked up at the moment. I’d eventually like to do a disc brake conversion but that will be down the road. I haven’t looked into this at all yet. How hard is it to do or is it even possible to get the factory GM stuff to work on a 9 inch? Is there a conversion kit available or anything? Thanks for your time

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Hey guys I’m hoping to get my wagon back up on a rack pretty soon and put the new gas tank in. The car has had a ford 9 inch in it for years but has sat in my dads garage and never moved. It’s a 4 speed so I need parking brake which isn’t hooked up at the moment. I’d eventually like to do a disc brake conversion but that will be down the road. I haven’t looked into this at all yet. How hard is it to do or is it even possible to get the factory GM stuff to work on a 9 inch? Is there a conversion kit available or anything? Thanks for your time
What ends do you have on the 9"? GM type ends should allow GM brakes but still expect some fab work. Ford ends could be ideal for Explorer disks, still expect some fab plus the need to drill rotors to the GM pattern. There should be others chimming in with more detailed info.

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
You ever work on the flightline?

W.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor