8.5 chevelle rear end. will it fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i have a chance to buy a complete chevelle 8.5 rear end for 300$ right now it is in a metric car(stock car) and all i noticed are the upper control arms are cut down a bit. is that all i need to do to make that fit? because i do not want to do too much red neck engineering.

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
yup, its a lil wider, and the controls arms will fit..the uppers will have to be opened up... and you will need a new U-joint made. Spring perches will have to be moved too.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
If you buy it, try to get the control arms with it.

Please take pictures and post them so that I can see! I am thinking of putting my 76 regal 8.5 in a g-body and I'd love to see what the control arms need to look like!

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i ended up not getting it. i bought a 7.5 with brand new 3.42's and a mini spool, and Moser axles for 90$. as far as the control arms go, all you need to do is cut them down and weld a washer in place around the new hole, it is actually easy to do. just. i can get some pics up for you though as soon as i can.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I appreciate that, man, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor