8.5 diff girdle/cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
This TA cover lists GN and GbodyParts also sells it for GN.
"Original Chevy 8.2"/8.5" 10 Bolt Rear End Girdle fits all Chevrolet and GM corporate produced cars and light trucks with 8.2" & 8.5" ring gear and 10 Bolt rear ends, including the Grand National "

Thanks, I actually found that site last night because I was doing some googling. However I was already ordering stuff from Jegs and I figured it was easier to order everything from one place so there's less to track. If it turns out the one I ordered doesn't work I'll turn around and buy one that specifically states it fits a grand national/t-type or 442 rear.

Also I know it's personal taste but I really like the big cast in cooling fins, I don't know if they're really all that functional or if it's the least bit necessary, but it looks cool in my opinion, and should theoretically ad stiffness to the cover.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Assuming the cover fits and you are running a rear sway you might have interference if it is the straight one.
1599518753893.png

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Assuming the cover fits and you are running a rear sway you might have interference if it is the straight one.
View attachment 156611
I planned on using the sway bar that came with the rear, it looks basically exactly like the sway bar on the 7.5 inch rear you posted last night that bends down underneath the differential housing.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You should be fine, hopefully the cover fits.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
You should be fine, hopefully the cover fits.
Indeed, thanks I feel like it should, the whole BOP thing confused me, but it seems like it won't be an issue. However I guess I'll just have to wait and see. It's funny though if you put in your application as a GN on either site it says those covers won't work.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Indeed, thanks I feel like it should, the whole BOP thing confused me, but it seems like it won't be an issue. However I guess I'll just have to wait and see. It's funny though if you put in your application as a GN on either site it says those covers won't work.
Probably no different than no aftermarket parts fitting a Cutlass Supreme. :blam:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor