8.8 and Mustang sway bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2014
I am installing an 8.8 from a 2001 Mustang in a 1978 Salon. Has anyone figured out how to use the Mustang sway bar with this combo? The Mustang bar attached to the control arms, are there aftermarket control arms that allow bolting in the Mustang bar?

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
If you’re using adjustable lowers, I don’t believe there is a way to attach the stock Mustang bar. Could be possible with UMI’s single adjustable lowers but I have doubts about the control arm bushings working with the Mustang housing brackets. Might be possible using Mustang lower arms?

I went with the 3rd Gen F body rear bar that needs straightened and attached to the upper control arm plate, and made it adjustable while I was at it.

Reactions: 2 users

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If you’re using adjustable lowers, I don’t believe there is a way to attach the stock Mustang bar. Could be possible with UMI’s single adjustable lowers but I have doubts about the control arm bushings working with the Mustang housing brackets. Might be possible using Mustang lower arms?

I went with the 3rd Gen F body rear bar that needs straightened and attached to the upper control arm plate, and made it adjustable while I was at it.
x2, did the same as UC645 with my swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor