8.8 install done with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmoving1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2007
cen fl
dirty joe said:
well, i have a 9", and i made my own control arm brackets for the rear-end. they are just taller than stock. but yes, i can get a pic for ya.

my car, havnt got a chance to run it yet. i beat a 10.80 car on the street n/a. but that was with a slippin trans, and a converter way too lose. so, i have it tore back down now, gettin trans built, have a converter on order, doin a cage, and building some bigger headers. these 1 3/4 primaries are killin me.

what do you plan on running? what motor you have for it?

motor 454 bbc .060 over 13:1 compression, all forged bottom end set up for the blue bottle, stock 990 heads fully ported and polished cam is 600 in 266 dur @.50 .620 ex 276 [email protected] solid flat tappet,roller rockers, super victor intake 1050 dominator,
power glide by select transmission 4500 stall with brake
much more
will see 300 shot on bottle hopeing for mid 9's on spray

hooker super comp headers etc

pics of set up will post up pics of it setting in car tues

bbcpics001.jpg

bbcpics010.jpg

bbcpics008.jpg

stangbbc013.jpg

bbc008.jpg

stangbbc012.jpg

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
Bilster said:
So the mounting angle of the G-Body upper control arm mount matches the mounting angle of the Mustang 8.8 top control arm mount?

from what i gather...YES he said the pinion angle will be off..thats why u need the upper control arms which are adjustable, if they are Mustang pieces...they will be low in cost i can bet on that!!

Nice swap man!!! i may have to do something like this! the hardest part about the whole ordeal seems to be have the driveshaft made up for this.. then again i know someone who could make a driveshaft for me for a swinging deal! Mustang driveshaft with a Th350 yoke. or vice versa...

silver46

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2008
So out of the box mustang adj. uppers got you close enough from the diff ears to the upper mounts on the body/frame huh? Did you use spherical bearings?
Most importantly how was your pinion angle and is there any bind with use?????????

kennym

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2008
Wade,Ms
I will get some better pics this weekend hopefully,I changed my mind about the drum brakes and going to disc.I have the (94-98 mustang axles)these axles are longer than the 79-93 due to disc brakes.the smaller axles are 29 1/4 and the (sn95s are 29 15/16,this is the 94-98 axle)S far the everything is looking good now so far.I was gonna do a linc mark 7 disc brake conversion but the axles are longer(31 1/2 I believe)this will put the wheels out even farther.the 4 bolt flanges bolt up to the linc mk 7 from 87 and also the 95 mustang flange is the same.I have both out side bolted up on each side of the 8.8.I hope some of this helps someone.thanks kenny.Remember if you do the disc brake set up from a fox body you have to use the longer axles,the stock axles will not work.

kennym

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2008
Wade,Ms
I hope this will help,I am not sure if this was the same pics are not,I am gonna start tomorrow on doing some building on the rear end and get some pics.I have been under the weather this weekend-this heat got to me.I aint as young as I use to be LOL.I am sorry for the delay.I did contact the guy on the other site that done this set up already.he is a real nice guy and good info.I hope this helps.I really got my heart set on doing this.here is the site
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index ... c=104354.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor