8.8 rear questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
was going to use an 8.8 for my 81 malibu. went with a quick performance 9 inch kit instead. while thinking about the 8.8 i bought these to put my uppers where they should be. did not want offset stuff. i'll let these go for 25.00 plus the ride if it will help. many different ways to weld these on.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 129

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
was going to use an 8.8 for my 81 malibu. went with a quick performance 9 inch kit instead. while thinking about the 8.8 i bought these to put my uppers where they should be. did not want offset stuff. i'll let these go for 25.00 plus the ride if it will help. many different ways to weld these on.
So those get welded to the housing?.....is that correct?

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
So those get welded to the housing?.....is that correct?
yes. i have seen several ways to weld them on the housing. my welder friends say the housing is cast steel not cast iron so they can be welded. stock arms on the 8.8 if memory serves me right are spaced too wide and too low on the factory housing. the jonny joints and offset arms did not appeal to me. southside machine did a nice job of installing these on the 8.8.

Reactions: 1 user

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
yes. i have seen several ways to weld them on the housing. my welder friends say the housing is cast steel not cast iron so they can be welded. stock arms on the 8.8 if memory serves me right are spaced too wide and too low on the factory housing. the jonny joints and offset arms did not appeal to me. southside machine did a nice job of installing these on the 8.8.
Thanks, but I'd prefer to use the factory mustang mounts on the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor