8.8 swap in a gbody..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Do you drive your car on the street? Every where I've been looking people are only doing these swaps mainly for strip use.

If you have a sway bar and some spare time you could probably do a bunch of people a favor by trying it out! *wink wink*

Thanks for the reply either way!

jdietschweiler

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2011
Janesville, Wi
Kansas Bu Wagon said:
Do you drive your car on the street? Every where I've been looking people are only doing these swaps mainly for strip use.

If you have a sway bar and some spare time you could probably do a bunch of people a favor by trying it out! *wink wink*

Thanks for the reply either way!

Well maybe but i dont have one. I thought of fabricating a camaro one to fit. My lca's dont have mounting holes in them. But yes, I do drive the car on the street.

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
What are the advantages over a 8.5 10 bolt rear end?
Purchase price? Price of rebuilding? Strenght?

Oct 28, 2014
It has a spool..... I'm sure stock axles.... I think it will still be cheaper for me to buy axles, c-clip eliminator, and cover with supports, all which I would have to buy for an 8.8 to make it as strong as possible.

jdietschweiler

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2011
Janesville, Wi
Willie fisterbottom said:
It has a spool..... I'm sure stock axles.... I think it will still be cheaper for me to buy axles, c-clip eliminator, and cover with supports, all which I would have to buy for an 8.8 to make it as strong as possible.

Sure but its also possible that you could sell your 8.5 and cover the cost of the swap with the extras.

kad5118

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2010
has any one else went this route with their gbody that done the swap

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor