80 442 full powertrain swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
I used a metal screw to stake the small weight spring and ground the head right down. It adds weight, the nylon screw is a good idea if you are looking for over 5000 rpm shifts. Yes, the gasket holds up to multiple governor adjustments. Do you have a deep pan with a drain plug and a bottom feed filter? It can take a few adjustments to get your shifts just right. A drain plug makes it way less messy.
Yes going with deep pan with drain, also adding in transmission temperature gauge fitting

Reactions: 2 users

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
This is what I should ask?

download.jpeg

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes. What shift points are you looking for?

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
All I know she a BRF and the governor had been modified before Jeff said.
So I image it would be 5300, I am guessing. I don't have a clue, but it sounds good. lol
Just sent Jeff a message with the photo, see what he has to say.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yeah, I believe BRF's only had one governor spring, IIRC. But it's the one on the little side. It should get a pin. That's what the Turbo Buick guys do, anyway. Pretty good idea, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor