80s kids here, what was your toys of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Dad's toolbox was my favorite, lots of 1/18 diecasts, Hotwheels, 1/25 plastic model kits, Legos, Erector set, BB and pellet guns, had a wood burning kit when I was 8 or 9, I burned my initials into every damn thing I owned. We always had M80 firecrackers laying around in the garage (safety was obviously a huge priority in our house, lol), I had a lot of fun with those, it's a wonder I still have all of my fingers.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I grew up in the 70's and one of my favorite toys was the Vertibird Helicopter. Today's drones blow this away but in its time it was a lot of fun. These things are now collectibles, some of them going for $800 or more.

sd000611-vtg-1971-mattel-vertibird-flying-helicopter-copter-toy-5972-new-in-open-box-6.jpg
My brother had that exact one!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Being the youngest my cousin Rob and I got all the hand me downs from the 50s 60s and 70s so you know incomplete erector set home chemistry set missing all the good stuff hot wheels of course witch by the way Lauren has them all now and my hot wheels service center my first and only good bike was a CW zxl #133 for a while I ran skyway tough 2 mags but then I lightened it up with a set of Auraria rims? Can't remember lots of 1/24 and 1/25 models but when I bought my 1980 cr80r all bets were off not long after it was the girl across the street and the one down the street and the other one around the corner ahhh good times. And oh yeah I was never into gi Joe but my name is Clutch and I am from Asbury Park NJ lol totally coincidence

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
GI Joe, transformers, Ghost Busters, Legos, and Ninja Turtles. I was born a little too late for the original run of Star Wars toys but I got the second wave ones released in the mid 90s.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I grew up in the 70's and one of my favorite toys was the Vertibird Helicopter. Today's drones blow this away but in its time it was a lot of fun. These things are now collectibles, some of them going for $800 or more.

sd000611-vtg-1971-mattel-vertibird-flying-helicopter-copter-toy-5972-new-in-open-box-6.jpg
We had one of those too our dog attacked it and broke it .

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Tranformer's, how could I forget. I remember the Cartoon movie at the theater very well. I remember my Grandpa buying me a Triple changer at the now gone Met department store, the best Transformer I ever owned. My Grandpa was generous guy and a man of principles. He always grab Mom and left when God save our King was played. His family was Irish and came over to Canada during the Potato famine. He also left the Catholic church when they wouldn't bury their neighbour who was a veteran of WW2 and endured the Japanese prison camps. You may think, what does this have to do with 80's toys? My Grandparents sent my parents $25 for each kid and $200 for our family every Christmas. Plus $25 every Birthday. Mom didn't work out till we were older and Dad was self employed, worked hard but never made enough. I would not have not had near as many toys without them. I do remember Dad bringing home the BA Barracus A-Team big action figure out of the blue. That was awesome.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor