81-88 Grand Prix roller value

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Finding a regular GP front end wouldn't be hard. If you didn't like the 2+2 nose it looks to be in good shape, you could easily afford a clean regular front and get some cash to keep.

I'd keep the 2+2 front end on it, looks like it was done nicely not some banged up one swapped on haphazardly.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
If I ever build a GP that is the nose I would want on there, makes it sportier looking IMO.
At first I didn’t like it on there, since it’s not a real 2 + 2. Then I was thinking about the non aero monte ss’ and I figured what the hell.
^I've always thought the right look for the 2+2 nose would be to black out all of the trim, door handles, locks, etc. Paint the car white, black.....maybe charcoal gray. 15" drag wheels (Weld, Centerline...etc.). Imagine if Pontiac made the equivalent of a T-type or Monte SS.

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'd say price all depends on the nos stuff and if both 2+2 noses come with it.

Typically a GP roller is an $800-1000 car. 2+2 noses add some value, and then those nos parts it depends what they are.

Anywhere from $1k-2k is likely a good range to be in. If I can sell the wife on the idea I may be picking up a pair of regular GPs as parts cars as well, might be able to help you out on the nose with some sort of deal.

Problem is she'll have to look at them every day where I'd need to put them at the moment, so, that part winds up to her.

Reactions: 1 user

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I'd say price all depends on the nos stuff and if both 2+2 noses come with it.

Typically a GP roller is an $800-1000 car. 2+2 noses add some value, and then those nos parts it depends what they are.

Anywhere from $1k-2k is likely a good range to be in. If I can sell the wife on the idea I may be picking up a pair of regular GPs as parts cars as well, might be able to help you out on the nose with some sort of deal.

Problem is she'll have to look at them every day where I'd need to put them at the moment, so, that part winds up to her.
Sounds like you’re in the same spot as I am. My biggest hurdle is selling my wife on the idea of parking a junky car in front of the house for a little while.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sounds like you’re in the same spot as I am. My biggest hurdle is selling my wife on the idea of parking a junky car in front of the house for a little while.
You're lucky it's only in front of the house. I'd be squeezing 3 cars as the package into the back yard by the sheds.... yes, in my case it's 125 feet from the house..... but theyd be dead straight square in front of the master bedroom bay window so all you would see is a pile of old gbodies... :oops:

(And I've already got other junk all over here)

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask permission. That's why if I have the extra money I just buy it and bring it home.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask permission. That's why if I have the extra money I just buy it and bring it home.
Happy wife = happy life.

It's not about permission to spend money, it's the incessant bickering that pops back up every time she sees the pile of crap, or, ugly tarps covering piles of crap.

Besides, she's usually pretty good, she showed me a '74 c10 just yesterday and asked if I thought I could make money off it. But I'm holding out for the gbodies... difference is one truck I can hide out of view, 3 cars at once not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor