81-88 Grand Prix roller value

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I buy and then play dumb by saying I thought I told you. One time I had to drive from northern Wisconsin to Pennsylvania to pick up a gbody. I do it enough that she just expects it and isn't surprised anymore.
Happy wife = happy life.

It's not about permission to spend money, it's the incessant bickering that pops back up every time she sees the pile of crap, or, ugly tarps covering piles of crap.

Besides, she's usually pretty good, she showed me a '74 c10 just yesterday and asked if I thought I could make money off it. But I'm holding out for the gbodies... difference is one truck I can hide out of view, 3 cars at once not so much.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I buy and then play dumb by saying I thought I told you. One time I had to drive from northern Wisconsin to Pennsylvania to pick up a gbody. I do it enough that she just expects it and isn't surprised anymore.
Mine always hates when I buy stuff to keep if it takes up space. She also swears if I buy stuff to make money, I never will. Of course when I do she always has her hand out. Isn’t love grand? 😂
Of course I do understand where she’s coming from, as I could easily turn our 1/3 of an acre into a junkyard. Probably in a few weeks too.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Mine always hates when I buy stuff to keep if it takes up space. She also swears if I buy stuff to make money, I never will. Of course when I do she always has her hand out. Isn’t love grand? 😂
Of course I do understand where she’s coming from, as I could easily turn our 1/3 of an acre into a junkyard. Probably in a few weeks too.
There's a sort of answer to that. Double wall fencing with about 9 feet between layers making an alley. She sees the initial fence wall go up. When she's at work the second wall goes up and looks like it's the first wall. Secret storage alley.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
So I’m working out a deal to buy the car. The owner of the shop it’s sitting at will let me keep it there for a bit, so that will make it easier on me to explain to the wife.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So I’m working out a deal to buy the car. The owner of the shop it’s sitting at will let me keep it there for a bit, so that will make it easier on me to explain to the wife.
Why explain? Let her find the title in the mail. Then a few days after that bring it home.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey

Attachments

• 97827D80-9CC8-40A1-BD56-8D6D873AAC1A.jpeg
    97827D80-9CC8-40A1-BD56-8D6D873AAC1A.jpeg
    646.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 02C8E0EA-17AA-4AB3-8AFE-341391F2D914.jpeg
    02C8E0EA-17AA-4AB3-8AFE-341391F2D914.jpeg
    780.1 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Going to get all the extra parts and title tomorrow. I was looking at the car yesterday, I couldn’t believe how clean the bottoms of the doors were. My Malibu was garage kept it’s whole life and the doors are rough. Solid floor too. Pretty excited. Not sure what I’ll do with another car right now, but that doesn’t really matter.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Not sure what I’ll do with another car right now, but that doesn’t really matter.
All depends on the wife's reaction. Maybe sleep in it for a few weeks, in which case I hope it's a front bench/split bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor