BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Please do a thread on the shop build. I'd love to follow the progress and maybe learn something along the way. I hope something breaks for you on the cam soon.
I'll do a thread for sure! I was going to build it myself, as I've built them before, but I don't want it to drag on for a year. So, I lucked out and got a GREAT number that is only a few grand more to have it built. I'll still need concrete, after that, etc. I'll save the details for a new thread I suppose!

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Nothing to update, I don't recall my last post, garage materials are ordered, site is cleared of trees and I got 8 tri-axels of compactable fill in place. I had to strip 12-16" of topsoil off first. Unfortunately, the weather turned to sh*t and the whole area was a muddy fest. So...., I need another weekend with a skid steer to finish grading the building location. With any luck, the 3rd or last week of March the building should be up.

Reactions: 3 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Nothing to update, I don't recall my last post, garage materials are ordered, site is cleared of trees and I got 8 tri-axels of compactable fill in place. I had to strip 12-16" of topsoil off first. Unfortunately, the weather turned to sh*t and the whole area was a muddy fest. So...., I need another weekend with a skid steer to finish grading the building location. With any luck, the 3rd or last week of March the building should be up.
My buddy had a nice pole barn put up in Ararat 2 years ago. Amish guys built it. I think it took 3 days. Pretty sure its 34x56. Im jealous. Cant do anything like that where I live. They broke my horns when I wanted to add a 20x24 off the back of my 22x30 garage. I wound up not doing it.

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
My buddy had a nice pole barn put up in Ararat 2 years ago. Amish guys built it. I think it took 3 days. Pretty sure its 34x56. Im jealous. Cant do anything like that where I live. They broke my horns when I wanted to add a 20x24 off the back of my 22x30 garage. I wound up not doing it.
Mich,
I have some local guys throwing it up, I'm doing the site prep and the other stuff. I don't have the time or desire to do it myself. 36x48x14, not as big as it will eventually be, but what I can afford and need right now.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Did all your roller cam stuff show up?

Curious if that delay has resolved itself or still lagging.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Did all your roller cam stuff show up?

Curious if that delay has resolved itself or still lagging.
No, still lagging. Probably for the better at this point. I've been hammering away at the daily drivers for the family. I bought the wife a new to us used AWD uplander, needed suspension work. The a AWD Acadia for my 16 year old, needed struts, motor mounts, and a balancer. I have the Yukon Denali in the shop know fixing all the broken exhaust manifold bolts.

Not having engine parts allowed me to stay on task, aannnddd, I can concentrate on getting the shop built!

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
No, still lagging. Probably for the better at this point. I've been hammering away at the daily drivers for the family. I bought the wife a new to us used AWD uplander, needed suspension work. The a AWD Acadia for my 16 year old, needed struts, motor mounts, and a balancer. I have the Yukon Denali in the shop know fixing all the broken exhaust manifold bolts.

Not having engine parts allowed me to stay on task, aannnddd, I can concentrate on getting the shop built!

Not what I wanted to hear with the delay (for my selfish reasons since i want a roller cam), but I guess that allows me to set my expectations realistically.

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
That's the perfect mindset, don' plan on buying it on a whim and getting right away. A few venders started to get some in, but that's just the start to fill year plus old orders.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I will be starting that shop build thread, site is prepped, materials are here, and the contractors are slated to come next week to toss it up.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I figured I would add a link to the new shop build! New Mehl's Mountain Garage

It's been a hold on the wagon engine, and its not a bad thing. Parts are still not available, and with the new shop going up I wouldn't really have a whole lot of time.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor