Spring, Texas
Cool project. Start a build thread!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
View attachment 63226 And this is the color the wife picked out it's called mocha metallic the only thing I'm trying to decide is on keeping the grille and light bezels and front and rear window trims chrome or black
That color will look awesome on the malibu! In my opinion, i think keeping the trim shiney will look better than black with that color to give some contrast. I'm not saying black won't look bad, just chrome would look better.

HTH

Scott

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

magoo_oner

Master Mechanic
Oct 19, 2010
Stockton
That color will look awesome on the malibu! In my opinion, i think keeping the trim shiney will look better than black with that color to give some contrast. I'm not saying black won't look bad, just chrome would look better.

HTH

Scott
I know I also think both wouldn't look bad so I'm on the fence about it I think I have a extra set of moldings maybe I'll go black on one set and see witch one looks better I just need an extra grille but I can hit pick n pull for that

magoo_oner

Master Mechanic
Oct 19, 2010
Stockton

magoo_oner

Master Mechanic
Oct 19, 2010
Stockton
IMG_1032.JPG IMG_1035.JPG Here is a few more pics this is where we left off today got the bumpers and grille and bezels removed and got some more sanding out the way

Reactions: 1 user

magoo_oner

Master Mechanic
Oct 19, 2010
Stockton

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I would go bright with the trim, not black.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

magoo_oner

Master Mechanic
Oct 19, 2010
Stockton
Yea I'm thinking the same and it's a new grille too so I'll probably just leave it be

magoo_oner

Master Mechanic
Oct 19, 2010
Stockton
Bright it is haha and yes working on it when u can I've been a little busy this week with work 2 of our locomotives went down at the same time rebuild the trannys on one of them and right now I'm actually trying to order a carpet kit for the Malibu but am nervous about getting the color right Anybody know what the color might be it's like a peanut butter or tan?? Looking at a couple of them on eBay looks like it could be camel? But I'm not sure it's a 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor