81 GP Lights to Gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilSpann601

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2008
Jackson Mississippi
I recently just swapped my oil,water,volt to the gauge style...I also swapped the oil sending unit...which I had to make an adapter to relocate the oil sending unit for a gauge...now im having problems with the wiring...the oil sending unit harness has 3 wires coming out of it a blue(switch goes to the side of the carb),a tan , and a brown...I was looking at the diagram and seen that the tan wire is the wire running to the gauge...when i hooked up the tan wire i get no reading...when I hook the brown and the tan wire together the gauge works...but it only moves 2 cm...can someone tell me the correct way to wire this gauge and anyway to fix the gauge so it will move more than 2 cm it seems like it stuck...

by the way the car is an 81 gp 3.8

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
dunno, get ahold of a wiring diagram showing the gauge setup.

LilSpann601

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2008
Jackson Mississippi
wiring.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor