83 bu' wagon aka project "Green Machine"SOLD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Re: 83 bu' wagon aka project "Family Affair"

Chris,
Have you tried any of the better parts stores like NAPA or an old established mom and pop shop? The only reason I could think of it being shorter is probably that it's for a lower volume fuel tank. Although, I think Malibu wagons only came with one size tank.
If I'm not mistaken, it was something like an 18.2 gal. tank, or around there. I'll have to check back in my files.
Yeah, it only shows an 18.2 for a wagon and 18.1 for the coupe or sedan.
Oh, and this is from my '79 owners manual. The '83 might be a little different.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

Longroof79 said:
Chris,
Have you tried any of the better parts stores like NAPA or an old established mom and pop shop? The only reason I could think of it being shorter is probably that it's for a lower volume fuel tank. Although, I think Malibu wagons only came with one size tank.
If I'm not mistaken, it was something like an 18.2 gal. tank, or around there. I'll have to check back in my files.
Yeah, it only shows an 18.2 for a wagon and 18.1 for the coupe or sedan.
Oh, and this is from my '79 owners manual. The '83 might be a little different.
yea napa has the same part checked there as well

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

i got the tank back in and wired up NOW i jus need some GAS :rofl: :rofl: .... might have it running tomorrow

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

the new sending unit should work just fine... but since your old one works, cool, now get some gas in it already :rofl:

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

LSCustoms said:
the new sending unit should work just fine... but since your old one works, cool, now get some gas in it already :rofl:
lol..

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

got 2 primewells mounted today have to get the other two off THA RUNT.. and the battery is charging @ autozone...i also did a quick hood paint job on the tank lol...and i had a vision once i mounted the primewells...FLAT GREEN will kill the game on the primes!!

522_0738.jpg

522_0739.jpg

522_0735.jpg

522_0729.jpg

522_0736.jpg

Dave V

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2011

the primewells look clean on the wagon love the flat green idea i think it will be sweet.......i think you got a good ride there lets keep it running so you got wheels again.....

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

Dave V said:
the primewells look clean on the wagon love the flat green idea i think it will be sweet.......i think you got a good ride there lets keep it running so you got wheels again.....
lol i kno right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor