• Black top half and white bottom half

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • white top half and black bottom half

• dark briar brown and light briar brown

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this g body i want to keep all stock looking on the outside. i think I'm just going to make my life simple and keep it the original color, tops i would do is 2 tone with white on top and beige on bottom . i just want something that no one else has. I ( we ) all invested a lot time on this and i appreciate everyone input.

Last edited:
i looked couple years ago it did match the build sheet with a 59 code.

Paint it the light briar brown. If you cant stand the way it looks and lose interest you can give it to me. 😉
I had a '84 Cutlass Brougham. Pastel or Frost (can't remember the name offhand, with dark sable (briar brown) vinyl roof and interior. Looked great. I'd go with that or two-tone dark & light sable , dark up to the factory pin stripe and light from there.

Reactions: 78Delta88
Well, guys, I got my car back from paint! This is the result of what we discussed. I would like to thank those who have helped and put their time into this with me. I was a bit nervous picking these colors. I have never seen them before put together like this on any other car or internet. but I wanted something different, and I did achieve that with no question in my mind, down to the custom-painted pinstripe. let me know what you guys think of my parts car lol

Last edited:
Well, guys, I got my car back from paint! This is the result of what we discussed. I would like to thank those who have helped and put their time into this with me. I was a bit nervous picking these colors. I have never seen them before put together like this on any other car or internet. but I wanted something different, and I did achieve that with no question in my mind, down to the custom-painted pinstripe. let me know what you guys think of my parts car lolView attachment 242249
Looks great! I always prefer the lower part of a 2 tone job to be darker because it just looks natural given how shadows work. Your paint choice is pleasing to my eyes if nothing else, and I really dig the orange stripe. I had actually considered going with an orange one on my black car.

Your paint's fading on top. Might want to get that repaint done soon. 🙂

J/K. Looks good. Nice and subtle paint break with the pinstripe. Not too in-your-face, but makes the transition smoother.

Looks like they did a great job on the paintwork. Lucky.

Your paint's fading on top. Might want to get that repaint done soon. 🙂

J/K. Looks good. Nice and subtle paint break with the pinstripe. Not too in-your-face, but makes the transition smoother.

Looks like they did a great job on the paintwork. Lucky.
ty !

Looks great! I always prefer the lower part of a 2 tone job to be darker because it just looks natural given how shadows work. Your paint choice is pleasing to my eyes if nothing else, and I really dig the orange stripe. I had actually considered going with an orange one on my black car.
Thanks you. im glad i went with the orange as well . makes it all pop.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor