'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I know it's kinda hard to look at, but just remember... it's Minnesota, and most of those cars are there for a reason... I should've snapped a couple pics of the cars with frames hanging down...
There were a handfull that would be worth saving, if you could get them out of there!

I just love the bounty of wagons... You can't see them all in the pics, but there's about 15 of them.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Here's a couple new pictures I took last week.

31736620032_large.jpg

31736620033_large.jpg

31736620035_large.jpg

The interior still needs a good cleaning, but it's in really good shape. No chalky panels or anything like that... just the faded top of the dash

31736620029_large.jpg

31736620030_large.jpg

I'm not sure why, but there's a second layer of carpet that the previous owner added in the rear, and it faded a lot faster than the rest of the carpet, so that'll have to go...

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
wow, I have not seen that many Gbodies in the wreckers since the early 90's. I remember when there would be at least 20 to pull parts from. Now if I see one it's a surprise.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
To be honest, there's so many it's kind of overwhelming...
There's quite a few that I couldn't even go through because the brush is so overgrown... I'll have to bring some hedge clippers next time!

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
It's the G-body Graveyard.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
BTW, I wouldn't paint the wagon. Just add some 15x7 in Olds Rallys with raised white letter BFG T/A's and it's perfect. The patina is priceless and because it is painted it won't deteriorate fast.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
BTW, I wouldn't paint the wagon. Just add some 15x7 in Olds Rallys with raised white letter BFG T/A's and it's perfect. The patina is priceless and because it is painted it won't deteriorate fast.

Yeah, I've come to accept that it won't be getting painted any time soon, so I'm just going to clean it up the best I can, and enjoy it as is for the time being. To be honest I'm not a big fan of the 'weathered' look, and since I do restoration for a living...
The car will get painted in time though, but I'd rather go frame off with the 442 first. If I'd had the room to do so, I would have when I had it apart for the motor swap.
Of course, if I had done that, the car would probably still be apart... :lol:

As for the wheels, I do agree that some 15x7 rallys would look nice, but I'm too cheap and I've got those slotted mags, so those will be going on there as soon as I get new tires for them.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I forgot you had the slot mags, yeah, I'd use those too.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's some collection of Cutlasses. I haven't seen anywhere near that many G-bodies in the local U-Pull-It yard. I maybe see one or two, maybe three.

Is this yard in the Twin Cities area? I may have to visit some of my relatives in W.St. Paul soon... :wink: and scour the yard for wagon parts.

Cool pics, man. It is a shame about that fastback 442. I always liked those cars.

Jack

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor