83 olds wagon.(granny's revenge)MORE NEW PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
well. this is my progress thread. this is what i got so far.a freshly redone 1970 350 4 bolt .30 over balenced and blueprinted w/ forged pistons , 10.1 compression. 70's 305 heads w/ bigger valves and a 3 angle valve job. mild cam, edelbrock airgap intake, edelbrock 650 avs carb,k&n filter, new jasper 350 trans, mb motoring 17x8 wheels w/ z rated falken tires. i had to cut some corners to get it running so i could move ,like headers, susp, and my rear end. so now that im in my new place i can do what i didnt have time or money to do. i'll keep on posting till im done. more pics to come soon!

Attachments

• James wife+ car pics.jpg
    James wife+ car pics.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 1,930
  • James wife+ car pics 172.jpg
    James wife+ car pics 172.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 1,806
  • James wife+ car pics 171.jpg
    James wife+ car pics 171.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 1,829

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Re: 83 olds wagon build thread. ( granny's revenge)

Hey..nice wagon man..I like it. Cool color too.
What brand wheels are those?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK

I like it!

What do you think of the MB wheels? I see them on discount tire's site, can't say I'd ever heard of them before.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot

Longroof79 said:
Hey..nice wagon man..I like it. Cool color too.
What brand wheels are those?

the wheels are MB Vintage. there a discount tire private brand. its funny you mention the paint, its 1983 factory silver faded to the point that it looks like semi gloss primer. thanks for the complement on the wagon

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot

Ribbedroof said:
I like it!

What do you think of the MB wheels? I see them on discount tire's site, can't say I'd ever heard of them before.

to anwser your question, i cant say anything bad about the brand.there a affordable wheel and they have a few nice designs( im a big fan of the MB old skool which you can get in a 17x8 and 17x9 in a 0 offset, perfect for rwd gm with 5-4.75 bolt pattern) they are a private lable brand for discount only! the only problem ive got with them is that they discontinued my wheels a month after i got them!!!! for the record ive done custom wheel & tire fitments for the last 10 years at diffrent custom shops. if you have a question about fitment,tire size or wheel offset and back space im your man.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
Re: 83 olds wagon build thread. ( granny's revenge) updated

ok. so ive been working on the wagon. i got some goodies for xmas that a started putting on. i got a set of headers which are in the process of going on and i also got a duel feed fuel line for my carb. well i put the fuel line on and started cleaning up the engine compartment . i took it for a ride after i intstalled the fuel line and HOLY sh*t!!!! i knew my smallblock was fast and it seemed like something was holding it back,well i think i figured it out. IT WOKE THE F$#K UP! i cant wait to see what happens when i get the headers on!! ill get pics. i went with a satin black air cleaner and painted everything to match and added chrome accents. i like it.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

James,
I'm happy for you, brother. Post some pics of your goodies.. :) It feels good when you replace something and it actually improves the performance. Headers should wake it up a little more.. :wink:

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot

some pics. ok i hand polished the alt. the a/c delete pully bracket was wired brushed and clear coated same with the belt tensioner. the alt. and water pump pully were painted and cleared. i tryed something new. i wanted to make the pullys look like bear / brushed metal with paint. how does it look??? also polished the misc. chrome bits and painted the valve covers satin black to match the new black powder coated air cleaner. i finished up the dash also.the dash kit was actually from a dodge intrepid, i kinda like the way it looks , its more oval with rounded corner and sticks out towards the middle and i trimmed the bezel to fit, it dosent look flat like they normally do. i still have to pull the front *ss.,brackets water pump, and power steering pump and clean and paint them. i had to put it back together to move the car. the headers are flowtechs. im going to have them ceramic coated silver down the road.really nice for the price. made by holly and came with it looks to be ARP bolts. very happy with the set up. more to come.

Attachments

• Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 1,671
  • Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 1,661
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 1,670

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot

more engine pics. the painted pulleys are painted with a duplicolor chrome base with a light mist of gun metal grey and then two coats of clear. does it looks like the brushed aluminum pieces?

Attachments

• Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 1,688
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 1,665
  • James wife+ car pics 161.jpg
    James wife+ car pics 161.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 1,695

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot

i got some more stuff for the wagon. a front bumper, a rally gauge cluster , big front and a rear swaybar. i got pics on the way. i still need some doors. hopfully ill find em soon. oh also i picked up some comp cams aluminum roller rockers and sealed power hardend push rods. those woke it up a little more. it wont be preatty but ill have it ready to make a pass at the strip in spring. im est a mid to high 12 second pass after i do the susp, rear end, exhaust and nitrious. ok maybe not the no2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor