'83 Regal LTD build *9/17 update*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Re: '83 Regal LTD build *interior*

It has been a wHile since I have touched my car :( but I got underneath it last week and pulled the old rear end out from under it. I purchased new variable rate springs and new sensa trac shocks for it, also got a new brake hose and rear brake components.

I have the donor 7.5" 4.10 geared Detroit Locker with MOSER axles in place now :twisted: (got it from the '78 El Camino parts car that I purchased. It was also equipped with aftermarket lower control arms and a rear sway bar 8) I will be removing the rear cover and inspecting everything which will give me a chance to add new fresh fluid and install a new girdled rear cover

I will get some pictures up as soon as I get the cover in the mail and get the old cover off :mrgreen:

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Re: '83 Regal LTD build *interior*

RITTER said:
I will be removing the rear cover and inspecting everything which will give me a chance to add new fresh fluid

Pontiac gp would be proud. :rofl:

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Everything looked nice and clean inside the rear end. The fluid actually still looked good and it didn't riek :mrgreen:

So my new LPW rear cover got installed and some Valvoline fluid with limited slip additive filled it up for me 8)

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Oh man she will be ready for riding wheelies and pulling brodies in no time. haha :rofl: Whats it look like on there? You should snap a pic. Did you clean up or paint the rear end you put in it?

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
It had already been painted black. I will try to get a picture of it. I tried taking a picture with my phone and it was not really working to well :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor