REGAL 84 Buick regal. Spring updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Yeah, you need to get rid of that pink hose. ;)

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
  • Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Yeah, you need to get rid of that pink hose. ;)
If my Olds motor wants to identify as a Prius motor....well its 2019 and its Therapist says thats perfectly fine. Ze's lawyer is already filing the paperwork for the lawsuits against all involved who have misidentified it

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Looking good, get that bad boy running. I have also used that red hose on the thermostat housing. Less obvious on a gold engine. What intake are you using?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There was a time around here for a few years that all you could get were those red heater hoses, I have been running braided hoses for so long now I don't even pay attention to what they sell now.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Looking good, get that bad boy running. I have also used that red hose on the thermostat housing. Less obvious on a gold engine. What intake are you using?
for now i am using the old one off the 308, only because I'm broke. LOL
eventually i will upgrade

I will probably change the hose, my engine has been sobbing all weekend from the relentless bullying..... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I got everything put together and put some purple power break in oil in today and primed the pump with the drill until i saw the oil coming out of the push rod/rockers.

All thats left is the valve covers and pulleys and i can drop her in

The driver side motor mount holes on the block have helicoils and one was damaged on install from the rebuilder. I couldnt tap it or anything. I will need to drill it out and put a new one

one freaking bolt will stop me from installing this thing.

Im off tomorrow and will focus on engine compartment

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
hope ya get it sorted out. i'd drill out the threads, have someone fill it in with weld, line up a motor mounnt, mark and re-drill.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I got everything put together and put some purple power break in oil in today and primed the pump with the drill until i saw the oil coming out of the push rod/rockers.
Did you rotate 90* at a time while priming?
The driver side motor mount holes on the block have helicoils and one was damaged on install from the rebuilder. I couldnt tap it or anything. I will need to drill it out and put a new one
I think I'd be having a talk with the place I got it from- that's bullshit.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
One possible solution while it is on the stand would be to dig the helicoil out and install a new one. I've had good luck with helicoils in the past. I find they are a strong repair if done correctly.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor