REGAL 84 Buick regal. summer updates

Daca214

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Z
Sounds like its just not shifting out of 2nd.
You can jack it up and put it in neutral. Chalk mark the tire and driveline. Rotate both tires while counting driveline revolutions. Look for something like 2.29, 2.56, or 2.73 driveline rotations for 1 tire revolution.
Or better yet, service the rearend and read the numbers on the ring gear. It's probably way past due anyway.
thanks man. Wish I would have known that months ago when I changed the diff fluid. lol

I will try the chalk thing.

Reactions: DRIVEN
MrSony

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
timing and overall tune can play a fairly substantial part in engine temp. 20psi at idle hot isnt bad, it may have been that low because of the high temps. if its less than 20 at idle after a 15 minute highway drive, that can be of some concern.

Reactions: Daca214
MrSony

MrSony

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Plus, your gauge is fed from the front of the block where pressure would read the lowest anyway because of the rear mounted pump. 20psi hot at idle after a highway blast would be more than enough. as long as you have at minimum 10psi per 1000 rpm and it raises near instantly with throttle, you'll be fine. keep an eye on it though.

• Agree
Reactions: fleming442
mclellan83

mclellan83

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
No pics of popping the cherry? We like pics.....

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor