Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
All Motor Boys said:
did you buy the delete panel?
I did buy it but cant remember who I bought it from. Mine is stainless but there is aluminum ones I found and you can even find powder coated ones too.

All Motor Boys

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2011
Indianapolis,IN
ok. when I was removing the heater hoses there was nothing but rust in heater core. so if I kept heat I would need to replace the heater core. I might as well go ahead and delete the box!

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
All Motor Boys said:
ok. when I was removing the heater hoses there was nothing but rust in heater core. so if I kept heat I would need to replace the heater core. I might as well go ahead and delete the box!
You could still keep the heat but you would need a none A/C heater box. If you don't plan on driving in the cold then the heater core is pointless. You just need to figure out what your build goal is. I know i pondered removing mine for years before I removed it.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
All Motor Boys said:
I started removing the hvac box today. got the top piece, evap and heater core out. The only problem I ran into is the lower 2 bolts behind the fender well.
I bet those bolts are a pain in the *ss! I removed mine during the frame off portion of my build and it made it easier to access. You will need a drip tray and i suggest getting this one. It bolted on nice and just need to seal it with silicone. You definitely don't want water going under your carpet and destroying your floor pans. http://www.crossmembers.com/shop/innova ... p-409.html

All Motor Boys

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2011
Indianapolis,IN
Finally got some more parts for the cutlass 3500 stall and rebuilt th350
IMG_1364_zpsb82a2dbb.jpg

IMG_1369_zps79149a04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor