updated pics
DSC00092.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

stuff i need to blast and paint
DSC00093.jpg

Did you rebuild the trans at all?
Did you blast it or paint it?
Looks nice, that tag is in great shape too!
There is a 4OZ barcode sticker that goes on the bellhousing, Im having a few made if you want one.
You really cant see it once the trans is in though...
Are you going concours with the restoration or just a nice driver?

88hurstolds said:
Did you rebuild the trans at all?
Did you blast it or paint it?
Looks nice, that tag is in great shape too!
There is a 4OZ barcode sticker that goes on the bellhousing, Im having a few made if you want one.
You really cant see it once the trans is in though...
Are you going concours with the restoration or just a nice driver?

I helped with the trans rebuild, im good friends with the owner of shop so me and him did it together. It was a great learning experience, im pretty sure i can do one by myself now. We blast then painted it. Sure ill take one, where would i stick the bar code at? im going full resto, its gunna take a awhile but it will get there. the only thing im worried about is taking the body off the frame. its a big job for me and i dont have the space either, might have a body shop do it.

There is a guy who at least used to post here maybe still does who had his vin 9 rebuilt with head work cam etc and make it run real strong. He had his build up info on it on a post here. He took it down to his local test & tune and I think it ran low 14s. You might copy his build or at least hunt down the info. Maybe someone can chime in for you if interested.

Did you wind up painting the plastic fender wells too?
It might flake off over time.
Is that your original block?
What kind of cam are you using? Did you find a VIN 9 cam somewhere?

yea i painted the fender wells with heat resistance plastic spray paint. It is the original block, numbers matching. didnt find a vin 9 cam straight from GM but i did get one with the same specs.
More updates sand blasted intake, sum pulleys and brackets.
DSC00471.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

Looks great so far. For that VIN 9 cam, I've heard that you can special order them through NAPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor