'84 Monte Carlo Ignition Switch Harness Wire Color Codes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
For some reason the "engine start" button only works when it wants to, and it isn't very often. Used to be once every time the engine was shut off and sat for awhile, then only once every morning, and now just when it wants to and could be days before I'm able to crank it over with the button.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
If you have to wire up stuff again and you need to have a series of grounds or hot wires you might try this instead of twisting two wires ard putting them into a connector thats made for a single wire. It also gives you some more slack in the wire so you can work on it if you have to. They also make insulated female spade connectors so you can be sure nothing can short out from wires touching. You can see them on the back of the gauges.
When you put the wire into the connector try not to push it past the insulation. I hate messing with wiring so after I do the crimp I put a small piece of marine shrink tubing over the terminal end and a little over the wire so it wount ever come loose. The marine style has adhesive in it so it kinda glues itself to everything. I never want to have anything come apart. Not picking on your work. Just a suggestion trying to help.

IMG_1480.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor