84 SS Update, Lowered, Wheels, Big Brakes ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
UpstateNYer said:
We did it at a buddies shop and put it right on the rack. Camber is set at -.5, caster 4 I believe and .15 degrees of toe in.

Sounds good... I hope I can at least get those settings on the Malibu.

Great job. What size tires did you go with? New motivation, how about a 572. 8) Ok maybe a less expensive aftermarket 540. Ack don't tell me it has to be another sbc 😢 if so she is a big car make it something over 400ci. Something that would still make some big drag radials scream on pump gas.

Vern said:
Great job. What size tires did you go with? New motivation, how about a 572. 8) Ok maybe a less expensive aftermarket 540. Ack don't tell me it has to be another sbc 😢 if so she is a big car make it something over 400ci. Something that would still make some big drag radials scream on pump gas.

BFG 245/45/ZR17. I want to do a LS series, but I will have to see what the funds look like.

Is there a write up any where for a ls1 brake conversion? If there isnt can someone please make a tutorial for the swap?

Is there a write up any where for a ls1 brake conversion? If there isnt can someone please make a tutorial for the swap?

I will post a link tomorrow, I have it bookmarked at work.

Tony, below is a pic of the drivers side to give you an idea of the angle the tie rod is at. In the pic it looks worse than it is. I think it oly goes up hill 1/2" or so.

normal_Monte_001%7E0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor