85 cutlass 3.8 AC pump bracket help,please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsteve

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 4, 2017
bracket.jpg
bracket1.jpg
hey all. glad to have found this forum and reeeeally hopin I could get some assistance. ive got an 85 cutlass supreme with the 3.8 in it sittin in my drive that im tryin to help a friend out with reassembly. he did some top end work last summer on it, started reassembly, then headed to florida for the winter.welp, he got back a couple weeks ago,ended up sellin his house quicker than he thought, doesn't have the time to finish re assebmbly, and I said id do what I can. I basically have everything forward of the water pump to put back together.
im a little stuck at the AC pump mounting brackets. unfortunately, my friend didn't take any pics before disassembly or label anything. ive been doin some searchin for some time for pics of how the ac pump brackets all go on that thing to hold it in place and not having any luck except for the bracket that goes from the top ac pump to alternator and block- gm part# . 25518933. I have 2 other brackets im pretty certain go for the ac pump but just can figure out how and have spent a lot of time surfin and searchin for a pic or video that could help with no luck. might not be using the right search term, but I don't know.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
im thinkin the middle bracket is for belt adjustment and not even sure if the top bracket goes by the ac pump.

Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Guys, I know there has to be someone on here has a 3.8 with A/C that could take a picture and help this guy out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

tomsteve

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 4, 2017
hey, thanks texas!! ya know, about 10 or so minutes after askin It occurred to me that maybe one of the OEM parts sites might have a diagram or something to help out, which is something I had been able to do on other repairs. I found one. im pretty tuckered out tonight, but will be back tomorrow with a couple pics with the ac unit in the car with the brackets on and also the diagram I used to assist.

Reactions: 1 user

tomsteve

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 4, 2017
ok, lets see how some pics upload for me. it might be hard to see or understand,but theyre the best pics i could get with what i have
20170405_115833.jpg
20170405_115911.jpg
20170405_115951.jpg
20170405_120802.jpg
20170405_120816.jpg

tomsteve

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 4, 2017
man, I thought figgerin out those brackets was time consuming, but tryin to upload pics with my internet service actin up has been real fun.
anyways, in the pic in my 1st post, the bracket on top I think goes over on the left side of the engine- maybe on manifold bolts( gonna find out inna bit). the bottom bracket goes on the bottom of the ac compressor pump- 3rd pic down theres a vacuum line- look over to the right as bit and theres a bolt not tightened down- that's where it bolts to the aluminum bracket on the block, then the bracket goes along the front bottom of the pump. the adjustment bracket should be self explanatory as with the other bracket that goes from pump to alt and aluminum bracket.
hope this may help someone in the future if they get a friend bring their olds over after disassembly without having taken pics or labeling anything. :)
now onto vacuum and electrical plugs!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
man, I thought figgerin out those brackets was time consuming, but tryin to upload pics with my internet service actin up has been real fun.
anyways, in the pic in my 1st post, the bracket on top I think goes over on the left side of the engine- maybe on manifold bolts( gonna find out inna bit). the bottom bracket goes on the bottom of the ac compressor pump- 3rd pic down theres a vacuum line- look over to the right as bit and theres a bolt not tightened down- that's where it bolts to the aluminum bracket on the block, then the bracket goes along the front bottom of the pump. the adjustment bracket should be self explanatory as with the other bracket that goes from pump to alt and aluminum bracket.
hope this may help someone in the future if they get a friend bring their olds over after disassembly without having taken pics or labeling anything. :)
now onto vacuum and electrical plugs!
It was nice of you to come back and close out this thread with your solution. We appreciate that. I put myself in a similar situation in the mid 90's. I had an 84 cutlass 307 that I had taken apart and it ended up sitting six months or so. When I went to put the brackets back together I had no idea. Luckily my best friend had an 85 Delta 88 with a 307 I could use as an example. This was back before the internet was much of a resource so I'm not sure how I would have figured it out without that example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor