85 regal w cutlass euro front end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
so the front end of my buick got wrecked and i need a new header panel. A buddy of mine has one from a cutlass 442 its the euro style and i wasnt sure if any one knew if i could swap it on my buick with out any problems. i know cutlass doors work but i wasn't sure about the rest of the front end.

Also I wanted to know if it were possible to convert manual doors to power??
if anyone knows please let me know. thanks

Renthorin

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Michigan
To get the nose to line up you will need the hood from the cutlass as well.

The hood on a regal is raised in the two middle sections and the cutlass is lowered.

The nose corresponds to the hood for proper fitting.

Other than that they should fit fine.

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
Renthorin said:
To get the nose to line up you will need the hood from the cutlass as well.

The hood on a regal is raised in the two middle sections and the cutlass is lowered.

The nose corresponds to the hood for proper fitting.

Other than that they should fit fine.

I think you'll need a pair of cutlass fenders as well for everything to fit.

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
that sux, the car is actually not completely a regal, its a T-type. It has the drivetrain from an 87 turbo regal. It also has the turbo style hood, its too bad because the turbo hood is alot cooler than the cutlass hood imo =(
I might get a cutty hood and graft the hood scoop on of maybe get an aftermarket fiberglass hood?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Why not just find a Regal front end in the junkyard? Unless you live in the rust belt, these are very common cars and cheap to get sheetmetal for. I probably saw 10-15 of them today when I went junkyarding. As for manual to power, there are threads about this in some of the other sub-forums.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
You would be way ahead to just get a regal header from a yard. I know their is also some other kind of wiering or other issue when converting from regular lights like the regal or 86 or older cutlass to the composite headlight euronose. Plus if you have a Ttype you have a special car don't funk it up. You will be glad you didn't if & when you decide to sell it.

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
i hear ya vern

i hear ya vern but its a regular regal, with the interior of a 96 buick park ave and the drivetrain from a 87 buick grand national. Its not a special car-the vin says its just a regular regal, despite the many mods i have done, so if i did sell, it wouldn't be for much!

yeah it would be easier to get the regal header panel, but the olds looks so much cooler. Plus i need to get a fender either way. I know someone with a complete headlight wiring harness.

DYABLITO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2008
FtP,FL
Someone_Much_Cooler said:
that sux, the car is actually not completely a regal, its a T-type. It has the drivetrain from an 87 turbo regal. It also has the turbo style hood, its too bad because the turbo hood is alot cooler than the cutlass hood imo =(
I might get a cutty hood and graft the hood scoop on of maybe get an aftermarket fiberglass hood?
those hoods are ugly :roll: ,you should just sell it....to me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor