85 regal w cutlass euro front end

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
My neighbor down the street switched the front end of his 86 regal to his 80 El camino looks kind of neat... i think.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
look at the wheel wells, he used the gnx flares but you can still see the shape of the cutlass body lines behind the flares. will it bolt of? yes it will byt the cutlass wheel wells do not match! this is a ok solution to it but the only way to do it right is to section the regal wheel well into a cutlass fender. but then again who would want to give up the regal front end?

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
True, but that ReCutt dosen't look too bad.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
doesnt look bad at all, i am just saying that there is more work then just bolting it on. it looks like he fabbed the gn hood buldge on to a cutlass hood? that could not have been easy getting all the metal perfectly strait again like a hood needs to be. dont get me worng, i like the car but the squarish outline on the cutlass wheel well stands out like a sore thumb to me, i am guessing many people wouldnt notice it but then again how many would notice that the front end is a olds and the back end a buick? i had this same idea a few years back and decided it was not worth doing, at least to me...

jatguit

Greasemonkey
Mar 27, 2007
OMG, its bad enough many Cutlass guys are grafting the Euro front on to their cars, now people are grafting onto other g-bodys. And those Cutlass Euro fronts are selling at a premium and continue to go up.

I love the Cutlass Euro front too, but I guess I am a purist and would leave the car the way it was supposed to be. Just my .02 cents.

At least I know where there are a bunch of NOS Euro parts for them. I think I better buy some before its too late.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
im gonna be honest, i dont see why gbody owners prefer the euro cutlass front end over the classic cutlass front end. i personally think the euro front ends look so much worse and were a transition into the pathetic 90's styling for the most part.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
personally i am starting to hate the euro clip. on the plus side it is making my car and others with the old clip look like the rare ones since no one has them anymore! i almost did it and i decided the old one with the correct grills looks so much better!

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I myself can appreciate them either way. Personally I like the euro front as do I on the Montes but I have no complaints of the other styles either. I think these cars are nice looking however you find them.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
No grafting allowed!
Come on, didn't we all get over this with model cars!??!

If you wanna look like an after thought of the car in the pics, go ahead. Take the stripe tail lights out, I want them, the turbo hood too, I got an '83 Regal that is beggin for those parts!

Olds front on a Regal with a turbo motor....want some olds rallies to put on it too? Make it an 'aero coupe' while you're at it...

Just kidding. Its yours man. I think I would go to the junkyard and look at a couple to make sure the wiring at the firewall plug for the front clip is close to the same, you might luck out and it plug right in. Post pics, I am, uh...well, its like driving by a train wreck...you don't really want to look, but you just have too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor