85 regal w cutlass euro front end

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutty88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 23, 2008
Williamsport, PA
hopefully my end of our "swap" can be complete before summer i still need a filler panel, bumperettes, header panel, and whatever hardware is missing

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
Car-part.com lists the doors interchanging between the cars, so you can likely get an entire front clip from a Cutlass (fenders, hood, header panel, radiator support though I think these interchange with all G-Bodies, and inner fenderwells) and just bolt the sucker on. The doors are one of the major things because of the body line. One of the members on maliburacing.com (he may be here too) used a genuine Monte SS front clip and doors on his El Camino (as opposed to the Choo Choo/Honest Charley nose conversion), and modified the body line on the Elky to match. It looks great :D
http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=78419

buick11

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Seattle Area
there was a guy a few years ago in seattle who did this. in my area regal front sheet metal is scarce in the yards and anyone selling a regal wants $3000 for a beater. he put on a euro cutlass nose cause he got it for cheap and it had an alum hood! I think all he did to change the wiring for the composite lights was unplug the firewall harness and swap them over, but don't take my word for it. there are some pics on my cardomain site of it.

buick11

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Seattle Area
79_GBody said:
It can and has been done!
oldsgn.gif

oldsgn1.gif

I should have read the entire thread, this is the guy I was talking about. he bought the car with front end damage and couldn't find any good used regal sheet metal for a decent price.

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
nate i told you the header panel was cracked before you came, if i find another one then ill help you get it.
-I cant find the other filler, ill keep an eye out for one and ill buy it and send it (on me)

-my front bumper has no bumperettes
-you gotta re-use your old hardware (like i did with mine)
Sorry it hasnt been an good expericne for you but i will try and get you the parts that i said i would.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
buick11 said:
79_GBody said:
oldsgn.gif

oldsgn1.gif

I should have read the entire thread, this is the guy I was talking about. he bought the car with front end damage and couldn't find any good used regal sheet metal for a decent price.

I like those wheels. what kind are they?

buick11

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Seattle Area
STLRegal said:
buick11 said:
79_GBody said:
oldsgn.gif

oldsgn1.gif

I like those wheels. what kind are they?

american racing torque thrust IIs 17x10 in the back and I think 17x8 in the front is what he told me.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
i lke cars !111` one

stupie gf, :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor