85 SS Going Under Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotmonte

Apprentice
May 24, 2009
Well I am bringing my Monte SS that is currently not running, into a local shop to get some work done. Here's the list (minus a few little things I may have forgotten)

406ci installed with big heads and cam
Electric Fan
1 7/8 Heddman Hustler Long Tube Headers
750 Holley Double Pumper Carb
Victor Junior High Rise Intake

700r4 trans with 3 thousand stall (small stall for now, going up to 4400 soon enough though)
custom crossmember from Jegs Peformance
Neoprene Trans Mount

Custom Driveshaft installed

Custom True Dual Exhaust 2.5 inch with X pipe Setup. Over the rear axle (or dumped before rear axle and turndowns.) message the floor boards to tuck up high.
DynoMax Ultra Flo 16 inch mufflers

Koni Single Adjustable Shocks front and rear installed
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs front and rear installed

Some small electrical work to get the tail lights up and running as well as headlights

Window motors (both are shot)

I bought this car from Iowa about 6-7 months ago and it had a running but hurt 305 motor and a hurt 200R4 trans. The body was primered yellow and in good shape. The interior was in nice shape, especially since it is from 1985. Only the headliner was faded but in good condition.
I had totalled my last 85 Monte (broadsided a pole drivers side, the whole car bent in a U and the fire department had to cut me out of the car. Totaled. So I took out my old setup (406 and 700r4) which ran HARD and swapping it into this ss.

I plan on doing the interior with a modern interior and maybe light tan leather with a suede insert. And do the dash vinyl or leather. Probably vinyl. And do the door panels light leather with a suede insert as well.

I am trying to build this car for creature comfort but can run low 11's as well. I know the shocks are a bid hard but I have had them in my Camaro's and understand the kidney buster concept real well. But nothing beats the "right stance".

This project will take a very long time and a very looong check I am sure of. But in the end I want to make the car a show car. (dont we all? lol).

I intend on painting the car an Escalade White color or a house of kolors white. But that wont be for some time. Ill keep her primered (I sanded it down so now it is smoother but a hellova lot uglier lol!)

Ill post pictures and see if I can get video of the exhaust when the car comes back. I am sure it will take 3-4 weeks before I get it back.

Pray she comes out well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor